Introduction: Shtem

member_introductions

(Steven Shitemi) #1

Hello everyone, My name is Shtem and I currently live near Boston and I work as an associate pastor at a church in Cambridge. I was born and grew up in Nairobi, Kenya but recently located to US with my wife and our daughter.
I like to answer questions about my faith and recently did the core module course and here I am eager to learn and grow.

(Scott Dockins) #2

Welcome brother!!!

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #3

Welcome to Connect, @shtem. I’m happy to have you here! I’m excited to learn with you in this community! :slight_smile:

(Steven Shitemi) #4

Thank you

(Steven Shitemi) #5

glad to be here and to learn together too!

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

Hi @shtem,

Welcome! I lived in Boston for seven years. During this time I completed the M.Div. degree at Gordon Conwell and ministered at Harvard, as well as to students at other campuses. I am excited about the vibrancy of people’s faith and the encouraging growth of the church in New England. I would be curious to hear more about the church you are serving with and what questions are coming up in your evangelistic conversations. I think you will find that RZIM Connect is a very natural extension of the conversations that the RZIM Academy develops with such excellence.

(Steven Shitemi) #7

Dear Carson,

Thank you and it is interesting that you did your Mdiv from Gordon while you were here. Where are you now? I am currently applying to Gordon to pursue an Mdiv. The church I am serving at is Cambridgeport Baptitst Church (www.cambridgeportbaptist.org) I started in March as the associate pastor part time. I am slowly developing relationships with the students who come to our church that go to Harvard or MIT.

I would like to talk more and gain from your knowledge and wisdom on being here before. May be we can skype or something?