Introduction: Stephen Wuest

(Stephen Wuest) #1

Hi everyone

I am a longtime Christian, and am concerned about critical Bible study, and apologetics.
My formal interests include biblical Greek, formal logic, and formal (machine) reasoning systems. My theoretical area of study is artificial intelligence.

I am concerned about politically correct (PC) trends in American culture, and how they are affecting American (and other) Christians. In America, we are seeing the loss of knowledge of formal reasoning, epistemology, moral theory, and careful Bible study. Much of what is lost, is replaced by non-Christian forms for value systems and emotional “reasoning.”

I see the American social justice movement rejecting biblical morals/ethics, and embracing arbitrary forms of group warfare, while still using the rhetoric of civil rights when it was founded securely on biblical morality/ethics. This is leading to an atheistic redefinition of what righteousness is, and evil. These redefinitions are not compatible with historic values/virtues that are needed by any fair rule of law, and they are not compatible with the Bible’s presentation of God’s morality/ethics.

I think that the younger generations of American Christians have lost so much of the historic intellectual Christian heritage, that they can no longer handle many biblical concepts, and have lost the framework to carefully reason about them.

I am not politically correct.
I think across the typical religious/non-religious boundary.
I have a 4-year degree in Greek, to have access to the text of the new Testament.

I am hoping to find Christians with similar concerns.

(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome to Connect, Stephen! Praise the Lord for giving us the opportunity to know His love as we study and seek Him. You may enjoy this thread.

(Daren) #3

Welcome Stephen! I too recognize that the church has for a long time become lazy in digging deep and asking hard questions. The God-said-it-I-believe-it-That-settles-it slogan does not expect God to speak something new from his Word. Jesus tells us that “every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a head of a household, who brings out of his treasure things new and old. (Matt 13:52)” I look forward to growing with you and asking hard questions and finding new treasures.

(Billie Corbett) #4

Defintiely…I resonate with what you have communicated. :+1:
I look forward to your online contribution to the discussions taking place.