Introduction: Steve Kalinowski

(Steven Kalinowski) #1

Hi everyone
I have been on this site I guess for about a year and like a few others the empty box bothered me enough to write something about an introduction.
I’ve been a Christian for about 40 years. (yup getting older) I’m a technician or at least that is a function I do in this world. Married with two kids. One has moved out and the other is still in the basement :wink: I love Ravi’s ministry, books etc. I think he saved me for the most part from falling into total despair on whether Christianity is real or not. I went crazy reading just about every apologetical book I could afford and branched out into other domains such as philosophy of religion, early church history, science and the bible stuff, cults, different religions, and so on. I’m not trying to brag or anything. It is just some background. I am just someone saved by grace and don’t really know why - in the sense why me and why not some others I know. This site is great. It allows for quite a bit of openness which I have not seen on other christian sites. I am blessed just to read your questions and answers. Many I have questioned to my myself and many are answered in such thoughtful, kind, respectful and intelligent ways. Thank you all for your inspiration to keep going another day. :slight_smile:

(SeanO) #2

@Steven_Kalinowski Officially welcome to Connect :slight_smile: Glad to hear of the impact Ravi’s ministry has had in encouraging you in your walk with Christ and that you have found Connect to be respectful and helpful. May the Lord bless you and your family as you all grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus.

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @Steven_Kalinowski,

Welcome! I’m glad the checkmark sparked you to introduce yourself. It is so encouraging to hear how the community has been helpful to you. I would love to hear from you in the forums - either questions to prompt discussion or some insights from your extensive reading.

(Warner Joseph Miller) #4

Greetings, @Steven_Kalinowski!!! Glad you finally (officially) introduced yourself, man. Yeah, that empty box can be guilt trap can’t it? :wink: But seriously, your story is beautiful, brother and I’m glad you’ve shared it and yourself with the Connect community. Welcome, brother!