Introduction: Tammara

(Tammara Canfield) #1

Hi everyone, my name is Tammara. I live in VA and have completed the Core Module. I am signed up for “What it means to be human” course and plan on taking other courses. My heart is heavily burdened for 3 of our 4 children and for the last couple of generations. A young man (our children’s English tutor) and I are starting up an online school that will offer electives to homeschool students and one of the courses I will be facilitating is “Understanding the Faith” through Summit U so I started taking these courses so I could better understand the issues. I, also, want to understand where my children are and how to minister to them. They were homeschooled and raised in a sound Bible teaching church but the middle 2 are not “there” now. I pray I do not push them further away but want to keep ministering to their hearts. These are my reasons for taking these courses. After high school I went to Bible and Missions school but wasn’t confident God wanted me on the mission field. I had struggled a lot with my faith but within the last couple years have been affirmed through God’s love and considering that I am His child so I have a newfound confidence in my relationship with Christ which is enabling me to be more bold about my faith.

(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome, Tammara. Thank you for sharing your story here, and I am encouraged by your heart for reaching your children. I hope you find Connect a welcoming place to ask questions and learn from others. Looking forward to seeing your responses on the thread.

P.S. I grew up in Virginia. :smiley:

(Kathleen) #3

Welcome to Connect, @forgottenacres17! We’re glad you’ve joined us here, and thank you for taking the time to share a bit of your story with us. I pray that God will bless your endeavour to offer electives for homeschool students. What a wonderful opportunity! And I pray that your children will come through their own struggles with a strengthened faith just like yourself. We pray also that this community will be one that strengthens and encourages you as you continue on your journey of faith with our great God. Do reach out! Look forward to learning with and from you. :slight_smile: