Introduction: Tanya Sumerel

member_introductions

(Tanya Sumerel) #1

Hi everyone from North Carolina. I’m excited to connect with you all, my brothers and sisters I Christ. I’m a retired sign language interpreter. Now my time is split between a small honey/beekeeping business and volunteer work at church. RZIM has been a great way to stay focused on the greater need and calling of sharing my faith with non-believers. Looking forward to God’s goodness and growth through this Connect.

(SeanO) #2

Glad you are joining us @hubsumerel!

What lessons have you learned about life as a beekeeper? May the Lord grant you wisdom and favor as you seek His face.

(Tanya Sumerel) #3

First lesson learned is that bees care and work to support their colony. If only people could be more like bees; to take more interest in their neighbors than being so self absorbed. Also, I’m learning that God has provided us with many natural resources for our health.

(SeanO) #4

@hubsumerel Very cool - it is a beautiful thing when the saints dwell together in harmony

(Melvin Greene) #5

Hi, @hubsumerel. It’s great to have you here. Sign language interpreting sounds like very rewarding work. That has always fascinated me. I look forward to you sharing your insights.

(Keldon Scott) #6

Welcome aboard @hubsumerel. I trust you will enjoy the fellowship as well as the challenging and informative conversations that take place.

What do you think you have learned with rzim that most enabled your conversation with non-believers? I love the question: does everyone have intrinsic worth? Most will say yes. I ask them: why? Hope you enjoy.

(Carson Weitnauer) #7

Welcome Tanya! We’re so glad to have you here. If I ever meet you at an RZIM conference, I’ll hope to taste some of the honey from your business! I agree with you - being involved in RZIM naturally increases my preparedness and therefore my excitement to share my faith in a wise, Spirit-led way. I hope you’ll get actively involved here too.