Introduction: Tara Pauls

(Tara Pauls) #1

Hi everybody! My name is Tara and I am so excited to be connecting to everyone on this larger forum! I really enjoyed and learned so much from the Core Module and can’t wait to get into some more discussions through ”Connect”. I am so thankful to Ravi Zacharias and his team for opening the doors to “evangelism undergirded by apologetics” for me. I can’t believe I have gone this long without realizing the need and importance of a reason for my faith.
The Core Module as well as the RZIM podcasts have instilled in me a desire to carry out the great commission which, quite frankly, had intimidated me into inaction previously. Understanding that there is compelling evidence to believe Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life has given me greater confidence to invite my friends to church. It has also instilled in me a greater compassion for those around me of other faiths/world views. An albeit “basic” understanding of some of the more prevalent world views has removed some of my fear with respect to engaging these individuals in a faith-based conversation. I am hoping, now, to learn how to share my own worldview with gentleness and respect.

For those of you who don’t know me, I currently enjoy working with the youth at my church as well as being part of the music worship team. I work as a Speech and Language Pathologist in my local hospital, and serve predominantly the aging generation who have swallowing and communication problems. I live on a farm on the north east border of Toronto, Canada.

I am looking forward to learning more about all of you!!

(Kathleen) #2

Welcome to Connect, Tara! Great to have you on here. My name is Kathleen, and I am one of the new moderators of the site. We hope that you find this platform to be one that strengthens and encourages you and your walk with our great God, so do have a look around, join in some of the conversations already started or ask your own question. We’re here to learn from one another! All the best to you!