Introduction Terry Allison

member_introductions

(Terrell Allison) #1

Hi everyone. The Lord saved me in my teens and am now retired. My wife and I work as shepherds with the good news club in our local schools. Love to study the Word. The Word is so amazing. Each day a little is added to the understanding. Whats does the Word say? Line upon line, line upon line, precept upon precept, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little. Love to study Job, and am now attempting to tackle Revelation.

(Melvin Greene) #2

Hi @tttallison. Thank you for becoming a part of our online family. I pray you’ll be as blessed as I am by this wonderful community. Isn’t it great how God kindles a passion for learning about Him through studying His Word? I get so jazzed up when the Holy Spirit reveals a new truth in the scriptures. I look forward to you sharing your insights.

(SeanO) #3

@tttallison Welcome to Connect! Look forward to hearing what God has taught you through His Word by the power of Jesus, the Living Word!

One book you may find helpful on Revelation along with what you are already studying is the following by Steve Gregg - it presents the four main historical views in parallel.

May the Lord grant you wisdom as you learn from His Word!

(Ashish Money) #4

Hi Terry welcome to connect! Hope to learn with you and grow… in the truth.

(Terrell Allison) #5

Melvin greetings from SW Florida.

The Word is un-exhaustable. In the study of Job there is so much beauty and hidden truth. The more we learn the more we realize how little we really know. The Bible is a treasure chest.

Love in Christ, Terry

(Terrell Allison) #6

Greetings SeanO

Thank you for the heads up on the commentary on Revelation. I am ordering it now.

Looking at Revelation it would seem that one key might be Revelation 19 & 20. The wedding, the harvest, the millennium (Or Sabbath) the second resurrection. The beast and false prophet thrown into the fiery lake. The dragon thrown into the bottomless pit. Who remains on earth after the harvest? Where does those of the second resurrection go immediately after their resurrection? Is Ezekiel 37:12 Literal?

Brother in Christ
Terry

(Terrell Allison) #7

Ashishraj Greetings

Truth. That is what it is all about. Truth, righteousness, goodness, justice, mercy. They are all attributes of Jesus Christ.

God bless
Terry

(SeanO) #8

@tttallison One of my favorite stories about Revelation is of a young seminary professor who was asked to teach it, but he flat out refused. When they asked him why, he simply said, “I do not know the Old Testament well enough to do it well.”

I think this is one book that I will always be able to learn more about because it is so filled with imagery from Ezekiel, Daniel, Deuteronomy, a myriad of prophets - and on and on. I think the journey of learning more about Revelation is an exciting one because it requires constantly sinking deeper and deeper into the Scriptures and always being humbled by the reality that the most clear lesson is that, in the end, God wins.

I hope you find the book useful. I enjoy that it presents four of the major historical perspectives on each portion of the book and gives a historical explanation of some of their roots.

(Natasha Morton) #9

HI Terry! Welcome and I look forward to hearing from you! One thing I love with this is all the other perspectives and conversations that it brings!

(Terrell Allison) #10

Hello Natasha

The Bible is so amazing. Like a giant puzzle that becomes more clear with each piece properly placed. I was amazed when I found the first two beatitudes hidden in the book of Job.

(Carson Weitnauer) #11

Hi Terry, welcome to Connect! I am glad to meet a brother in Christ who loves the Word of God. You may enjoy the #romansmemory Scripture memory challenge that we’ve done here. This community is filled with people who are eager to memorize, meditate on, and respectfully discuss the Word of God - I look forward to your contributions!

(Terrell Allison) #12

Greetings Carson:

i spent my younger days memorizing scripture from the KJ. Working with the Good News Club has proven a challenge. They went to the NIV a number of years back. Teaching memory verses to the kids from the NIV conflicted with the verses in my head from the KJ. And then they switched to the ESV which really proved challenging. There is no substitute for memorization.

Best regards, Terry

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #13

@tttallison Welcome to Connect! Hoping to learn with you. I believe your experience and your studies could help us as well as you share your insights with us.

(Terrell Allison) #14

Greetings Omar

We all can learn from one another. My love is the book of Job. I believe it is a condensed outline of the entire Bible.

Best regards Terry

(Mitch) #15

thanks for the book recommendation! I’m looking to dip into Revelation in the Autumn and will order this too.

(SeanO) #16

@Mitch Great, will look forward to hearing your guys’ thoughts on the book. I really enjoyed it.

(Carson Weitnauer) #17

2 posts were split to a new topic: Introduction: Lisa P