Introduction: Thomas Cornelius Hackl

(Thomas Cornelius Hackl) #1

Hello to everyone,

my name is Thomas, I am currently 23 years old and I study theology in Leipzig, Germany. I didn´t really grow up as an passionate follower of christ, but rather more or less as an agnostic with a basic belief in some kind of god, but not exactly Jesus. This changed at a later date at a slow and steady pace, through questions of a friend and learning more about god.
I first became invested in the field of apologetics through the SMD, a german part of IFES, and through a good friend with, compared to me, a little bit more curiosity in these kinds of questions and the drive to seek answers for them. Because of one leader of my local smd-group I first heard of C.S. Lewis and after reading mere christianity i have fallen in love with his writings.This kinda kickstarted a growing interest in theological literature, which has resulted in a growing collection of books yet to read.
This being said, I am happy to be here and hope to learn a lot and get to know much more about god, his word and ways to communicate the gospel to others :slight_smile:

(Rob) #2

Hello Thomas,

Welcome to this site. I’m new here myself. You will find a ton of valuable information here as well as knowledgeable peers. If i could, i would like to recommend a great book i have just finished. It is called " disciplines of grace" by Jerry Bridges. It was so good i plan to read it again with a study guide.Good luck in your journey. God bless.

Rob

(Kathleen) #3

Welcome, @Mirltwist! We’re glad you’ve joined us here on Connect. And praise God for the ministry of IFES/SMD! So good to hear how God is working in the unis in Germany through them. :slight_smile: We hope this community is one that strengthens and encourages you on your walk with Christ. Blessings to you!