Introduction: Ujijin

(Dr. Jeffrey Ady) #1

Aloha from Honolulu!

I am a Christian of 41 years, husband of 31 years, pastor of 15 years, university professor of 26 years, and father of two sons (23 and 16).

Now in my late 50s, I literally live for our “Blessed Hope”–I came to faith in Christ reading the first edition of Hal Lindsey’s book “The Late Great Planet Earth”–but suffer from several (physical) disabling, catastrophic illnesses that have me in agony on a daily basis. Our Father has me here for a reason, and I know each and every individual to whom He has given me is a unique, compelling and higher reason to live!

I know from experience what severe depression is, having gone through the entire treatment algorithm twice. I’ve been in the dark valley of prescription opioid dependence, but also led out into the sunshine of freedom by God’s grace.

I know that our times present unique and daunting challenges to believers and soon-to-be believers in all cultures, languages, and demographics. God’s Spirit is moving around the world and bringing unprecedented numbers of people, otherwise hidden away in darkness, into the light of the Living Lamb. Yet the time is short; late is the hour; one can sense the approaching darkness. The wondrous and glorious grace of God in Christ therefore shines all the brighter!

I first heard Dr. Zacharias at a prayer breakfast here in Honolulu some 5 years ago. Dr. Z and the RZIM Team are all a tremendous encouragement in the simple faith in Christ that keeps me going, day after day after day.

I learned of RZIM Connect through the “2018 Year In Review” volume of RZIM Magazine.

I am blessed to learn of this online community and hope to contribute in some helpful fashion.

(Terry Black) #2

Hello Ujijin and welcome to the forum. Like you I am new as well. From your introduction you are a person who has seen some very challenging times and yet stand strong. People such as yourself can be such an inspiration and motivators to others. It moves me to read just a little of your story and see such a strong devoted Christian! Praise the Lord for such unique people.
I have seen a nasty 5 years and through a painful divorce, several health challenges that kept me from full time work for close to a year and much more I have found a deeper appreciation of the suffering of others. I will be very busy in the next few weeks but look forward to connecting with you through your posts. God is good! May he Bless you and your family!

(Vuyiswa Keyi) #3

Welcome Ujijin. And Happy New Year! I am inspired by your statement:

‘I’ve been in the dark valley of prescription opioid dependence, but also led out into the sunshine of freedom by God’s grace.’

The grace of God is such a tremendous gift! Continue to rest in Him and He will see you through all trials and tribulations. He has blessed me in my life so much.

So glad you have joined us on this forum.

Blessings
Vuyiswa

(Keldon Scott) #4

Welcome aboard @ujijin. Your honesty as well as your transparency is inspiring. Glad you have decided to join. My wife and I were just conferring as we lost a cousin to suicide this weekend. Neither of us understand depression but recognize that it is an illness like any physical illness which can take us at any time. Your experiences and training will be a light to many here. I look forward to reading your posts. God-bless and may 2019 be your best year ever.