Introduction: Venkat Varada

member_introductions

(Venkat Varada) #1

Hi everyone, blessed to be here.
Here is my testimony as an introduction.

God bless you all. Hebrews 12:1,2

(SeanO) #2

@vvarada Welcome to Connect and thank you for sharing your testimony! I really like your book recommendations - especially The Jesus I Never Knew, by Phillip Yancey. That is a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. May the Lord continue to bless you in your walk with Christ! Look forward to hearing from you on the forums.

(Venkat Varada) #3

Certainly. Thank you for the welcome! I will have to update my testimony with scriptures and book resources as I have done a lot more digging into my faith since then especially with resources from RZIM. Have a blessed day.

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #4

Hello @vvarada. I’m happy to read about your faith in Christ. Your experience thinking about your mom had been hard, and this had been a stumbling block for some about the faith. I look forward to hear from you as well in the forums. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(Ethan Thomas) #5

Welcome, @vvarada! We’re glad to have you here!

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

Hi @vvarada,

Welcome! I was touched by this part of your testimony:

As you know, I used to embrace a polytheistic (many gods) approach to spirituality, but after this revelation I really believe there are two distinct camps that all religions fall into. One is a man-made, works-driven approach in a never-ending quest to find God and experience enlightenment. The true heart of a Christian (which has nothing to do with denominations, beliefs, priests etc. though they all have a place) is God’s quest for man for the purpose of redeeming him back to Himself, which man is incapable of doing for himself. I’ve heard it quipped this way; I had a debt I could not pay and Jesus paid a debt he did not owe. Realizing no matter how hard I work at it, I cannot close the distance between myself and God, but God has predetermined to redeem me! And He will use any means to reach me.

May God give us all such humility and dependence upon the Lord. He is so good to us. May we become like Jesus, who pay the debts for others as we love them and invite them home. I look forward to learning from and growing with you in Connect.