Introduction: Victoria

(Victoria White) #1

Hi fellow sojourners! I forgot to introduce myself on here haha…

My name is Victoria and I was born and raised in Toronto, Canada and still live here. I have been a Christian since the age of 17 and since then I have attended university in a program called New Media, which is basically fine arts and technology. I make new media art, I draw, I create many things. I also really like social media, cartooning, videography, and photography. People fascinate me and I love to share stories in different ways. In a previous post, I mentioned that I have Asperger’s Syndrome, which I think gives me a unique perspective on faith and life. I hope that while I’m on here, we can learn from each other! :slight_smile:

Here is my portfolio: https://vividwalkmedia.squarespace.com

My goal is to spread awareness of new media in the Christian realm, because it can be a new way of reaching people!

Ask me anything either through a comment or message! I am usually open to anything, including theological stuff :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Victoria :slight_smile:

(Anthony Costello ) #2

@Victoria_White

Welcome Victoria. It’s great to have you here on Connect with us. Since you’ve said we can ask you anything, I would be very interested to hear about how your condition with Asperger’s has impacted your faith and perspective on life. Could you tell me a little bit more about that?

Also, what kind of art do you create, I mean, more specifically, what kind of content? Is it religious content, for children, etc.?

in Christ,
Anthony

(Victoria White) #3

Oh man, those are good questions. My Asperger’s has its challenges but it has also brought much-needed things into the Christian community. For a long time I used to really think my Asperger’s was the thing that defined me as a person. It took me a while to accept that God made me fearfully and wonderfully. Even in the things I have trouble with. I got better as time went on, and my Asperger’s is not very obvious if you meet me in person. It used to be worse when I was a kid and teenager. I felt misunderstood by other people including Christians, and it still sort of happens. But I’ve learned that no one will really get me like God will get me. He is not surprised or phased by what I have and the challenges I face. God is good all the time, and it sounds cliche but it’s true.

I create new media art that has Christian themes to it mostly. I try to incorporate my faith into each of my projects. New Media art is art that has technology components like interactivity, screens, lights, sounds, etc. It can be for anyone, as long as I know my audience first before making anything :slight_smile:

(Kathleen) #4

We’re glad you’re here, @Victoria_White! Looking forward to interacting with you in the forums. :slight_smile:

(Denise) #5

Hi Victoria,
I’m glad you’re here, I too recently joined the community, so welcome eh.:joy:

(Olivia Davis) #6

Welcome, Victoria! I love the name of your website! Vivid Walk — what a wonderful reminder that our walk with Jesus should be exciting! I’m very happy to have you here and feel like I’ve already been learning from you in the forum. :slight_smile:

(Keldon Scott) #7

Welcome aboard @Victoria_White. I was able to observe your gallery of creativity. I love it. You have some awesome skills. I don’t know if you have watched any of the Bible project videos, but some of your talent reminded me of their videos. I look forward to your creativity here at connect. Thank you for joining us and sharing your uniqueness. God bless

(Rob Lundberg) #8

Welcome @Victoria_White. I pray you will find this community a place of encouragement and equipping.

(Jimmy Sellers) #9

Welcome to connect. I liked your portfolio. I hope that you will hop in from time to time with your thoughts.