Introduction: Whitney Bowman

(Whitney Bowman) #1

Hi everyone! I joined Connect a few months back, but am just now getting around to introducing myself! I’m a grad student at Kansas State studying agricultural economics. Since I’m behind the times, it seems a bit impossible to introduce myself without including a sincere thank you.

I grew up in a Christian home and church and came to know and love Jesus as my Lord and Savior at a young age. But I let my faith hit the stumbling block in high school and college with the undercurrent of selected literature, class discussion, and the university’s explanation of science and faith. When I didn’t have answers, I hurt for my classmates and felt lost and a lot of shame. Needless to say, when I then assumed that perhaps its wrong to wonder at all it a lot of problems. I was scared to poke too hard, because if logically it did fall apart I knew I had nothing in this world. A few months ago, after much persistent urging from my sister, I joined Connect and have since tapped into other RZIM resources. When the faith of the heart meets the faith of the mind, it is quite incredible. In many ways I’ve found the same joy, hope, and peace bubbling over as when I first heard of Jesus! It’s been such a joy to share this and other resources with friends!

Thank you to all who make this forum what it is. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to journey with others who want to know Jesus more. I look forward to continuing to learn from you!

(SeanO) #2

@wbowman Praise the Lord for His work in your heart and life! That is so encouraging to hear how Christ has worked in your life through RZIM. I agree that there is a great peace and joy that comes from recognizing that there are good answers to the intellectual questions posed by our culture and with which we struggle ourselves. God is the God of truth!

May the Lord Jesus continue to bless and guide you as you grow in the grace and knowledge of Him. Welcome to Connect and see you on the forms :slight_smile:

(Warner Joseph Miller) #3

Welcome (officially) to Connect, sister. Glad you’re here!

(Whitney Bowman) #4

Excited to be here and learn with and from y’all! Thanks for the warm welcome!

(Joshua Spare) #5

Welcome to Connect, @wbowman! A large number of my family has attended K-State - in 2016, I think there was a cumulative 139 years spent at K-state between my grandfather, grandmother and all of their children and grandchildren. That said, all I can say is, “Go Huskers!” :wink:

I am so encouraged to read your story, how, by God’s grace, you have persevered and how you have found encouragement from RZIM resources! Praise God! I am excited to read more of your posts on the topics in the coming weeks; I know that your experiences will prove formative and invaluable in your contributions!

(Whitney Bowman) #6

That’s incredible! I’m new to Kansas, but I’m quickly falling in love. And even Nebraska–got to love a good land grant! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I’m excited to see what lies ahead!

(Kathleen) #7

Good to hear from you again, @wbowman! Loved reading that bit of your story just now, and am so encouraged that your faith has been strengthened as a result of your brave spirit of inquiry. :slight_smile: I myself wish I’d learned the value of questions earlier in my life! We continue to pray for your studies and that this community would strengthen and encourage you. Blessings!

(Whitney Bowman) #8

Thanks so much! Blessings to you as well!

(Mariah Larson) #9

Wow Whitney! That’s so cool, your post caught my eye because I’m also at K-State. :slight_smile: I’m an undergrad though!

(Whitney Bowman) #10

Go Wildcats! :slight_smile: Thanks for the warm welcome! So glad you’re here!!

I’m still learning my way around the forum, but I sent you a message (I think ?)!

(Gertrude P S Mutasa) #11

Welcome wbowman,
Your and many other people’s stories confirm God’s calling upon Ravi Zachariahs and all the dedicated RZIM workers of God’s Harvest fields as not only being on the right direction but on a divine calling. Welcome and I assure you that you are poised for growth on Connect.

(Whitney Bowman) #12

Yes, it was definitely God moving for sure – mine is a story of God, through incredible grace, never letting go!

(John Hedger) #13

Welcome Whitney. I love all the resources that RZIM has to offer us. I’ve learned so much here and you will too. I’m sure you’ll have plenty to say to help encourage others also. God bless you.
John

(Whitney Bowman) #15

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! It is great to hear the encouragement you’ve found as well :slight_smile: I look forward to continuing to learn with and from you and everyone in the forums! :slight_smile: