Introduction: Yanislava

(Yani) #1

Hi everyone
I’m Yani, I’m from Bulgaria, just graduated BA Tourism Management in UK, have been involved with CU and church for about 10 years. I’ve a keen interest in apologetics and all such conversations, however I find myself continuously struggling and lacking, despite the amount of books I read or videos Iwatch, or events I attend. I’m just here to hopefully join a global stimulating conversation

(Josephine Dearsley) #3

Hi Yani, Welcome!
I replied to this earlier and then somehow accidentally deleted it, I can’t work out how…
Anyways just wanted to say hi, this is a great platform to ask questions and the responses and conversations are very helpful and insightful :slight_smile:
Greetings,
Josie

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #4

Hello, @Yani. I’m encouraged to hear about your interest. I’m struggling and learning too. Let’s learn together in this community. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(Yani) #5

Wow thanks all for the warm walcome! I love this community culture

(Butch) #6

Welcome Yani
This is a great place to get questions answered. We all struggle just remember no amount of books and articles you read can help you without the faith of a mustard seed. By his grace and our faith however small is enough.

(Anthony Costello ) #7

@Yani

Welcome to Connect Yani! So good to have you here with us. I look forward to your question and comments.

So, I was in Bulgaria one time, at the train station in Sophia. Of course, I suppose that if someone has only been in Bulgaria once, it probably was in Sophia, and either at the train station, or the airport. Either way, it turned out to be the longest train ride of my life! We got on the train at Sophia on our way to Thessaloniki in Greece. It’s only about 200 miles, but, this train ride took almost 36 hours! And, what was even stranger, is that there were only 5 people on the train the whole time, me and my four friends. I’ll never forget that ride.

Anyway, just thought I’d share that. Again, welcome!

in Christ,
Anthony

(Yani) #8

Hi Anthony, thanks for taking the time to share and welcome me.Yeah getting the train in Bulgaria is still an adventure of sorts, as you have discovered! :slight_smile:

(Anthony Costello ) #9

@Yani

Hah, well, I hope it’s better than it was in 1995!

Blessings,
Anthony

(Keldon Scott) #10

Welcome aboard @Yani. So glad to have you joining us on this world platform of connection. Let me assure you that your interest in apologetics is already set in your heart so much richness. We never have all of the answers, but we do have the ability with the Holy Spirit to provide the hope that people are asking us about and to do that gently. I am no Ravi Zacharias, but I treasure the ideas and rational responses that enable others to perhaps see a path to the Lord. Don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s a journey of a lifetime that is a riot.