Irina Glazkova

Say hello…Greetings, my name is Irina

Where are you from? I am from… well it’s hard to answer. I was born in USSR. Lived in USSR than Russia until I was 17. Went to the USA as exchange student. Stayed with a pastor’s family. Moved to Canada. Currently living in St.John’s, Newfoundland, Canada

What led you to join Connect? I have been following RZIM online for several years. I made decision to join because I want to be a part of a strong Christian community, to connect with others, to grow and learn more about the Lord.

How do you hope to contribute? By being a part of discussions. Possible using the languages to translate. I speak: English, Russian, Ukrainian and little bit of French. As time goes on there might be more opportunities.

11 Likes

Welcome Irina!! God bless!

1 Like

Welcome, sister in faith. Blessings

1 Like

Nice to meet you Irina!

1 Like

Hello Irina, welcome. I’m glad you’re part of Connect now.

… your description applies exactly to Connect.
Earlier I read your contribution to the writing competition and I particularly liked this statement:

Yes, let’s share with many more people the hope we have through Jesus.

3 Likes

Welcome @IrinaPG!

1 Like

Welcome @IrinaPG, it’s great to have you here :slightly_smiling_face: Wow, what was it like coming to the US, living with a pastors family? I trust you will find connect a helpful place to engage. I look forward to reading some of your insight.

3 Likes

Thank you for the question. It was exciting and scary!! I din’t speak much. by Christmas. I wasn’t supposed to stay at pastor’s home. The exchange organization didn’t find the host family on time. I became Christian at 12 by reading Gideon’s Bible. But my first church experience was in the U.S. My church in the States was about 3000 people. My church in Canada is just over 100.

1 Like

Hi @IrinaPG really great to have you here. Blessings, Alison

Welcome to Connect @IrinaPG!
We are so glad to have you here in the community. Wow, that is amazing that you are fluent in that many languages- Praise God! Is there any way I can pray for you my friend? :hibiscus: :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Welcome onboard. @IrinaPG
It’s a pleasure to meet you. I love the way you answered the first question “where are you from?”. I think its a blessing to come from such a great background and heritage. I thank God for your life, for having you join us and for willing to contribute.

Feel free to explore and engage the community. I am looking forward to reading your contributions.

Congratulations and God bless you
From Nigeria.

2 Likes