Is 'Arts & Entertainment' a game changer for young adults and millennials in Japan?

(Patrick Prabhakar) #1

Hi @Yutaro, @rizkun327, @kazuma_nakahara, I can never forget my early teen days submerged in two specific video games: Contra and Mario Bros. It was years after that I had discovered that both these games had their roots in Japan. With regards to the Japanese fonts, which are so rich in imagery and to the hoards of cartoon animations emanating from Japan, I am beginning to see that visual imagery plays such a tremendous role in the understanding and communication of the Japanese people (Help me know if I’m seeing it right).

With this in mind, I would like to specifically know as to how has the younger generation in Japan responded to:

1. The movie ‘Silence’, which was adapted from the novel ‘Silence’ written by Shusaku Endo, who had won the prestigious Japanese literary award, the ‘Tanizaki Prize’ for the same in 1966.
  1. The works and testimony of the artist Makoto Fujimura. For all @Interested_in_Arts, below is an enthralling ‘4-minute video clip’ of Makoto Fujimura sharing his encounter with Jesus.