Is God hidden or are some only blinded by self?

I’m extremely evangelical. I’ve listened to every RZIM video I can find. I never hear them make this point: God hides himself from unbelievers because in order for the metaphysical God to become an experiential reality to an individual them must combine their emotions and free will to the truth. Until a person takes God’s truth personally, He will remain mere informational conjecture by others.Please expand upon this truth. an example is: eavesdropping into a conversation is just information, but if someone is talking directly to you and you engage your will and emotions to listen, interact and respond then it becomes a personal conversation and relationship. God hides himself from proud, arrogant unbelievers that insist God performs or comes to them on their specific terms. My attempts to reason with atheists focus on God opposes the proud and it is only possible to know God’s existence is through union with His revealed will to repent at first then join in with Him in all things.

Interesting. I see what you are saying for the most part, but one thing I don’t really understand. What do you mean by, if I have this right, merging your emotions and free will to bring you to the truth?

Apart from that, what do you make of “fleeces?”

1 Like

truth is a person and universal facts aplical to everyone at all times. as opposed to varying truths that are different for each person’s personal experiences. I interview many young people and they confirm rzim abdu murray’s book post truth… they all answer, truth is relative according to my preferences and experiiences and is different for everyone and might change tomorrow.
the truth of Jesus Christ can become a reality in one’s personal life only if they embrace the truth, apply it personally to their own life; then the truth (Jesus) becomes personal and real. for example. truth is that God is love and can satisfy our needs when we trust Him and make him the ultimate value and source of trust for needs (the hearts greatest desire like Matt 5 says we should hunger and thirst for righteousness more than anything ) sometimes our emotions are triggers or indicators attached to our current desires, convictions beliefs. God cares about our motives more than anything. when the truth lines up with or confronts our inordinate affinities it triggers emotions that in turn warn the heart to either change or embrace the truth (person Jesus) fact (make God ultimate). i could go on forever about how the truth and emotions and free will connect. truth and the person Jesus are ONLY experienced and made known, clear to those that line up their hearts with Jesus and Truth. to the rest God is hidden and not a reality. fleece? God is so merciful and kind. I believe that He cares enough and is trying super hard to communicate with us and make his will known. therefore… if your greatest desire is to know God’s will it will be impossible to not know it. that means if your ultimate desire is God’s will then any fleece you put out will certainly reveal God’s will. If If If your greatest desire is to do His will YOU WILL come to know it. putting a fleece out when your greatest desire is selfish or what YOU think that you need… if your greatest desire is selfish then you will see what you want to see. fleece or not. Every lot is decided by God. if unsure and must make a choice you can flip a coin. god decides every flip. pray in faith, flip coin, obey. making decisions with trying to do God’s will and deciding based on doing the best you can… you can trust that even if bad things happen God specializes in bringing good out of bad.

1 Like

@anon70487980
I’m not sure I agree with your statement, “God hides himself from unbelievers because in order for the metaphysical God to become an experiential reality to an individual them must combine their emotions and free will to the truth. Until a person takes God’s truth personally, He will remain mere informational conjecture by others.”

I would agree that an unbeliever has spiritual blinders on that can keep them from seeing the truth of the good news. But without the enabling action of the Holy Spirit drawing us to accept that truth via faith none would or could ever be saved. Since we know that the trinity works in unity and that the Holy Spirit only does the Fathers will, I’m not sure if God hiding himself is consistent with that.

What am I not understanding? Coming to a saving faith must be a step of faith—faith that God is who He says He is and his word is truth. Then the knowing of that truth becomes reality. Is that what you are getting at?

1 Like

Morning all. I am assuming we are speaking from Isaiah chapter 59. Which says that GOD is hid from us. It explains that GOD is hid not because GOD is hiding. but because sin obstructs our view of GOD. It is how we can conclude that there are times and places when GOD is not present. In the Psalms it declares; if I make my bed in hell, Lord you are there." Psalms 139:5-11. In my community, it is simply explained by saying; “sin makes you stupid!”

I agree w you completely.
Hidden is only metaphorical
Salvation requires all of me AND God granting repentance