Is god real, credible and acceptable with rationality?

Atheism force Christians to prove that God is Real.

Christian religion can only use the Bible.

What about natural Apologetics?

Can you use science to prove it?

2 Likes

Hi @Genarito1

This is what atheists would like you to think; that Christians have to provide what is called the ‘burden of proof’, and atheism is simply not believing anything and has to prove nothing. This is not the case. Here is an introductory video by William Lane Craig about this ‘burden of proof’.

In fact, all worldviews have to answer 4 questions (Ravi Zacharius talks about these 4 areas often).

Origin:
How do you think the universe came into existence?
How do you think human life began?

Meaning:
What is the purpose of human life?

Morality:
How do you determine good and bad?

Destiny:
What will happen at the end (at death)?

to your question “what about natural Apologetics?”; would you like to expand on your question further? Are you asking; is it useful, does it exist, or something else?

A really good book to get you started in this area of apologetics from a scientific point of view is from John Lennox “Can science explain everything?”. Lennox is my favourite author and I’ve read all his books.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Science-Explain-Everything-John-Lennox/dp/1784984116/

Here is a really good interview about this book, as well as a debate with Peter Singer.

A couple of other resources that may be of use is William Lane Craig’s (Reasonable Faith) animated videos collection; https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3gdeV4Rk9EfL-NyraEGXXwSjDNeMaRoX in particular have a look at the Cosmological Kalam, Fine Tuning, and the Moral arguments…

Hopefully that is a helpful start? Feel free to ask more questions, or more in depth questions as you would like to. :slight_smile:

Hello Matthew.

Thank very much for your interest in becoming engaged in this difficult question. You are the first one.

I use to be an Atheist for quite some time. until God himself, took me to his way ant give the understanding of the meaning of my way to his Eternal Kingdom.

Today, I am able to use rationality, to prove that God is.

I have watched few videos from William Lane Craig, as well as books and videos of John Lennox.

But Ravi, is by enlarge, my very best mentor.

I would like to keep with you a more lenghty converstion about this issue, That is if you are really interested abou it, Bendiciones.

1 Like

Both Christians and Atheists are trying to answer the same questions of origin, meaning, morality, and destiny. We have to defend our answers just as atheists have to defend theirs.

I do think that natural theology is a useful tool in this regard.

1 Like

Hi Genaro,
Thankyou for sharing - yes I really enjoy Ravi Zacharias books and messages. I’m working my way through his latest ‘The logic of God’. What is your favorite book or quote from Ravi that has meant the most to you recently?

I’m glad to hear you have become a Christian and are no longer an atheist. What was the turning point for you?

Perhaps to enlarge on this conversation you can share your thoughts on natural theology so that we can all join in further…

When you say natural theology are you referring to the existence of nature and creation that points to Gods existence as designer?

Can we say that natural theology will only get us so far, we might think that God exists but we can only know him to the extent he has revealed himself - through the person of Jesus, and the record of the Bible. He stepped into His creation and revealed Himself.

Something along the lines of this article?

Cheers
Matt

Thank you very much Joshua, for your valuable comment, Because atheists are asking Christians to provide a demonstration of the existence of God, by using empirical method, and because God is not physical, we could not do it, but I think we can provide sufficient evidence to provide a prof, that Our God is the cause of the existence an support of everything, while the atheists are unable to prove an alternative source of existence of everything, but only the the theory of evolution of the ape to our humanity. which ends up in the theory of the gaps. I think they ere full of gaps, unable to explain many things of reality.
Bendicones.

Thank you very much.

I am hopping you like my answer, I would like to here more of you comments.

Kind Regards

Genaro Regalado

Hello Matthew.

To answer your first question is going to be to large, I have not being able to read any Ravi’s because I was unable to buy them, I am hopping to be able to do it in the near future.

Abut your question about Natural Theology, I believe it is the application of the knowledge of God, to read and understand the revelation of Himself by his Creation.

This is where Christianity has tremendously failed. because everyone I ask if they can prove the existence of God, they point me to the Bible.

The Bible was communicated to an audience of more than 2,000 years ago, where they understood the meaning of the messages communicated.

Today’s rationality has developed knowledge and tools to comprehend more abut his Creation (Romans 1:16-20)

Kind Regards

Genaro Regalado

1 Like