Is it reasonable to believe that nature and conscience are reliable to point people to only the true God and not a fake god?

Something I keep struggling with is this: so we’re responsible to respond to gods self-revelation in nature and our conscience and responsible for the light we have not the light we don’t have. So, what if someone is convinced through nature and conscience that there is certainly a god, but that person’s response ends up being belief in god that is not the Christian god? How can someone be liable for that if they really think that’s the true god they’re responding to? Allah for example. They see nature, they’re listening to their conscience, and it leads them to Allah lets say. If they’re accountable for that mistake, how can god fault them since they were indeed responding to nature and conscience? And if people are NOT accountable for that and God will have mercy for such people who misunderstood Him but at least tried to reach out, then wouldn’t we as Christians need to stop saying so assuredly how everyone is going to hell who hasn’t confessed Jesus, like we’re so sure it’s that simple? Are we perhaps putting the real god in a box of our own making? Maybe I’m having a problem with the box, and not the actual TRUE way god works. Perhaps God has mercy on all kinds of people who He chooses to have mercy on who were misguided in their beliefs about which version of him was true?

Think for example about all the millions of battered and abused women at this very moment in the Middle East under super oppressive male dominated Islam. They would probably never think to challenge the boundaries laid out for them bc the stakes are so dangerous and high. And abuse and emotional mental trauma being treated like an object messes people up. They don’t trust their own thoughts bc they’re been demeaned as subhuman who exists to serve a man. Similarly imagine the millions of trafficked individuals being abused and unable to comprehend anything related to the idea that someone could love them or that love is a real thing. The Bible says God is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. I can’t believe He won’t have mercy on such women and trafficked people who have been battered and abused via a wrong religion. So can I still be a Christian and believe that Jesus’ blood is enough to cover those who know their sin and those who don’t and there will be an individualized judgement for each person based on their heart? Like can I believe that there isn’t a black and white line for the Jesus confessors and a line for the non Jesus confessors? Can I believe that his blood is enough even for those who were misguided if god knows their heart? You know what I mean?

And if that’s a reasonable belief, to me that is a totally different belief than the evangelical mainstream doctrine that says the only way to get into heaven is if you know you’re a sinner and accept Jesus. If that’s the only way in, it does not account for the mystery and nuance that is allowed in the rest of the a Bible. It does not account for the mystery that Jesus’ blood covers even the people of the OT who didn’t know Jesus. His blood still covered them. Perhaps his blood still covers the future of people who God will choose to have mercy on given the limits of knowledge they had, while many others will be held to a higher standard based on our ability to dig and search. Thoughts? Thank you!

5 Likes

Grace, I have had the exact same thoughts as you’ve described. I feel like someone must have some good answers to these questions and I am anxious to know what others may have to share. Here are some points that I have pondered on this subject:

1. As you mentioned, Jesus’ blood covered people who were faithful to God in the past.

2. “For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.”
    ‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:12-16‬ ‭ESV‬‬

3. People in countries that are very hostile to Christianity have seen visions from Christ or God and became believers.

4. I’ve heard stories of missionaries who went to unreached people only to find out these people were expecting them to come and tell them something important that they needed to hear. How does this happen if it’s true and why?

5. It is God’s will that all are saved so if he gives visions to people that don’t have contact with other believers, how else does he ensure that all people have the truth revealed to them? Surely he doesn’t rely on our efforts because as humans we aren’t perfect and may not reach everyone to teach them the gospel so it is my belief that God will give everyone a chance one way or another In spite of us. I don’t believe for a minute anyone is left in the dark. (Romans 2: 12-16). But I would like to know if anyone has any wisdom on this point.

6. I believe that we Christians are told to spread the gospel, that it is very important that we do so. But I do not believe that it is because if we don’t people will be lost. I could be wrong but I believe that God wants us to work with Him for a number of reasons, one maybe for relationship purposes; our relationship with Him and with others, as well as for our sanctification, and in addition for other people’s relationships with man and God. I don’t think the eternal destiny of people is solely in our hands. It is in God’s

7. So my hunch is that, since I do not believe that God specifically chose certain people to be saved over others, that He knows everyone’s hearts and to those who seek and desire the truth He will cause them to find it. His ways of doing that can come in many forms, even while a person is on their death bed and in a coma and we have no idea what is going on in their heads, but God will not leave anyone hanging that desires the truth or would desire it if God showed them that there’s a better way.

8. The doctrine called Molinism makes some sense based on some of my pondering. I was surprised to read about this teaching because it covers much of some of the conclusions I have coven to in my own. Some of this may sound strange as it is not widely taught but the more I hear about those view the more it makes sense.
    https://youtu.be/vxVadW-OqAw

My logic is probably flawed somewhere in these thoughts and I sure would like to hear what other people think about these things. I doubt I helped you much in answering any of your questions @GraceHill, so hopefully someone can help us out with this one! :blush:

3 Likes

Hello Grace,

This is a great question. I think we have all probably struggled with it in some way during our lives, and it really does challenge us to think about these things since there is so much we don’t know. I just want to share a few scriptures and then I will share my thoughts on this.

First of all, Romans 1:18-20, “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.”
We are fallen and unrighteous creatures who suppress the truth that we are told is clearly perceived in our own hearts and minds. The corruption of our hearts and minds in sin is so complete and so horrible that we are described by God as dead in our sin (Ephesians 2:4-6). But yet the evidence for God is so overwhelming, so clear that no one has any excuse before Him for denying Him. What can be known about God is plain to them, because He has shown it to them. These are the inspired words of the Holy Spirit telling us that God is obvious to us, so obvious that we will not have an excuse before Him for denying Him.

While we may have a hard time in understanding the full scale of how people find God in this world, we see from Romans 1 that no one will be able to provide an excuse to Him. So, we have everything that we need, and on top of that God works in ways that we cannot see or understand. I have come to realize throughout my life that these questions are perfectly reasonable to end up asking, but it is not reasonable to expect a full understanding. With God there are things that we are not capable of understanding, things that He works through His will and in His infinite capabilities that we cannot even comprehend.

When we look at Romans 9 we are told this in verses 14-23, “What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God’s part? By no means! For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.
You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory.”

We may not fully understand all things that are happening, or how some people find Him, but we can always trust God. We are called to put our faith in Him, but sometimes we forget that faith means that we must accept that we do not understand everything, yet still will follow God who is holy and sovereign in all He does. One thing we can know for certain from these verses, that some will receive justice from God, others will receive mercy from Him, but no one will receive injustice.

God works all things for His purpose and His will. I have heard some people say that this is unfair or that He is wrong to only think of Himself. In my personal thoughts, this is due to a complete misunderstanding of just who they are talking about. God is the ultimate of all things. He is not just, but He IS justice; He does not just do good, He IS the source of all good; He does not just love, He IS love; His holiness and sovereignty are unquestionable, as are His judgement and wrath against unrighteousness. When we try to understand the fullness of how God works, we are going to fail. We cannot always understand such things. Yet, God tells us in His word that He works all things according to His will, that is, the will of the ultimate good and just Being in all existence. It would be foolishness to place our faith in anything else.

Romans 8:28 tells us, “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
No matter whether we can fully understand some things or not, we are told that all things work together for good, if we will follow Him. How does God reconcile and deal with things such as people who have never even heard of a Bible, or people who are oppressed in other countries where it seems impossible to find Him? I do not have the slightest idea. But, I do have the promises of God that all things work together for good, that He is in control of all things, and that nothing, absolutely nothing, is outside of His control. We are called to do all we can to share His word with those in this world. So, let us do all we can to fulfill that responsibility, and when it feels like all hope is lost, let us look up and place our hope back onto Him, because with Him nothing is hopeless, or without purpose.

I hope that this helps and does not simply serve to confuse the issue even more. I think we all struggle with these kinds of issues, but we have to realize that we have One whom we can trust in no matter what. I pray that God will grant you wisdom and understanding as you seek to know Him, and His purpose, more closely. If you have any other questions please ask them. God bless you and thank you.

Matthew

2 Likes

We have the advantage of ‘Comforter’. When His Spirit abides within - we are led to understandings and convictions. This is a lifeline considering ‘His ways are Higher than ours’. That we may have the *mind of Christ

1 Like

Hello Grace, I would like to relay a testimony I heard from one of my students while teaching at a Bible institute in Georgia. This young man was Iranian and grew up in Iran taught as a Muslim. He shared that as a very young man he was a true believer in Alah and did his very best to follow the teachings of Islam. As he grew older he became troubled as he prayed to Alah saying that he never had any comfort or consolation that Alah heard his prayer. He began to pray for light and asked God to show him the truth. Now at the time he thought he was praying to Alah but because his seeking was sincere God heard him. He told of how through a very bizarre series of events a Christian missionary traveling in that part of the world ended up in his small village for a few days quite unexpectedly. They met and spent several hours together the missionary sharing the gospel with him and he was saved. He came to America and was trained for the ministry there in our Bible institute in Georgia. He is now a missionary taking the gospel to Muslim people.

Jesus said in John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh to the father but by me.” That is not just evangelical Christian teaching, those are the words of Jesus. You are correct that we are only responsible for the light we are given but I have faith that when a person responds to whatever light God has revealed to them He responds with more light. The Bible says that the Spirit lighteth every man… I don’t know how God does it in every case but I have shared with you one example and I have to trust that God is faithful and that he is able to give the light that is needed to anyone that will believe.

I hope this in some way helps as you struggle with this question. God bless you.

7 Likes

You ask excellent questions, @GraceHill - but they are not “short answer” questions, so please bear with me.

To answer your question about the reliability of natural reason and conscience to lead one to the true God, I would say that yes, they are reliable guides – to a point.

The Bible itself assures us that God and His character are revealed through creation (Romans 1:20) and conscience (Romans 2:14-15).

Even without a Bible, honest men have observed from the world below and the heavens above that there is a Creator. They’ve inferred that the Creator must have existed before the creation, so He is eternal; He must have created all the power of the universe, so He is all-powerful. His wisdom is seen in all the balances of nature – His goodness in that He gave us rain from heaven and fruitful seasons filling our hearts with food and gladness (Acts 14:17) – His omnipresence which is not far from every one of us, for in him we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:27-28) – His unchangeableness in the circuit of the seasons, the night and the day, the rains and the rivers, the rising and falling of generations (Ecclesiastes 1) – His holiness is revealed by His wrath throughout a fallen creation, the pangs of conscience, the natural consequences of sin and by catastrophic judgments.

All of these can lead reasonable men, and those who heed them, ever closer to the God of Genesis.

But none of this is sufficient to show man how to be reconciled with this God. The gospel itself is a mystery that God alone can reveal (Romans 1:16-17 and 16:25). Creation and conscience can prepare one to recognize the true God and His gospel when they finally encounter Him, but revelation alone can bridge that final gap.

That is why a growing number of scientists, pursuing the evidence of Intelligent Design, eventually realize that they’ve found the God of Genesis, and will turn to the Bible to learn how to know Him.

But for those without access to such revelation, their spiritual journey must eventually reach an impasse. At that point, they will either cry out into the void for this mysterious God to reveal himself. Or they will cease questing after this seemingly unreachable God and settle for lesser substitutes.

But the problem with lesser substitutes is they never really satisfy – which makes them tend to multiply. But however many cheap substitutes men make, there’s always that haunting sense that there’s one more really important “unknown God” still out there Who has been overlooked (Acts 17:23).

No worshipper of Allah really has the peace of salvation, the rest of conscience, the confidence of eternal life. How can he? His own “glorious leader” is rotting under the Green Dome in Medina, Arabia. No lie can “ring true” in people’s hearts.

But God told Ezekiel that when he preached to the rebels of his day, even if they rejected the message, yet they shall know that there hath been a prophet among them (Ezekiel 2:5).

So yes – natural reason and conscience can certainly prepare one to recognize the true God and His gospel when they finally encounter Him, but that encounter does require a divine revelation.

I hope this makes sense to you.

1 Like

Good morning, @Grace,

Have you heard of Rob Bell’s book Love Wins? He was once part of the “emerging church” and since found shelter under the Oprah umbrella. His book asks the kinds of question you are asking and gives very poor answers. He takes scripture out of context and cites luminaries in church history without referencing decisions made by church councils about their doctrines. I think this is a good resource because of the criticism that it has generated. We are able to see why the kinds of answers that the emerging church is promoting are not reasonable. And we are able to see where we need to go in order get more reasonable answers. Theologians tend to look at scripture and the decisions of church councils. You can listen to Martin Bashir’s MSNBC interview with Rob Bell to get an idea of some of the criticism. Also, Martin Bashir was interviewed by Paul Edwards. This is a good resource for some of the criticisms, as well. There is a fairly long critique of Rob Bell’s Love Wins by Kevin deYoung which outlines where Bell fails in his answer. All of that gives you an idea of where a person needs to go in order to come up with a scripturally sound answer to your questions. You appear to be leaning in the same direction as Bell in some of your questions here:

Carrie’s answer refers to Romans 2:12-16. I, also, refer to this passage in the first post to Creatively Responding to Relativism thread. Sean and I had what I thought was a good discussion about the Logos theology which was condemned at the Council of Ephesus (431 CE). After that council, Augustine gave a commentary on Romans 2:12-16 in his The Spirit and the Letter chapter 43-44 where he says that Romans 2:12-16 has to be understood as those who are faithful to the new covenant.

Augustine’s interpretation effectively outlawed the Logos theology of the Eastern Greek church. This theology was a direct development of the Greek idea that every person participates in the divine nature and knows what is right and what is wrong because his/her conscience guides. Paul appears to be saying that this will be the basis of God’s judgement of all (wo)men.

We have to interpret Romans 2 in light of Romans 10:5ff where Paul says that when we ’ If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (v9). Paul is basing his statements on Deuteronomy 30:14 where Moses says 'the word is near you in your mouth and in your heart" meaning the word of the law that Moses is declaring to the nation of Israel. When Paul refers to the Gentiles doing 'by nature the things contained in the law" he is referring to Jeremiah 31:33 where Jeremiah says “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts.” This would mean that Paul sees that when the Gentiles do by nature the things contained in the law, he sees Jeremiah’s prophecy being fulfilled.

This addresses your idea expressed here,

Paul quotes Isaiah 65:1 in Romans 10:20 “I was found by those who didn’t seek me” which is to say that as people respond to their conscience and find an idea of God that doesn’t look like the full revelation of God in the Bible, they are still finding God in a way that God can deem ‘righteous’ at the final judgment. What they need now is a preacher to explain more fully what they know in part like Paul does in Acts 17 to the Greeks.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with this statement, Grace. You are struggling with Augustine’s interpretation of Paul which has become standard orthodoxy ever since. But if you think outside that box and still within the grammatical-historical interpretation of scripture, you will see that your sense is correct. God will judge all mankind based on the light he has provided in their conscience rather than on the basis of information that they do not have yet.

Hopefully, you will find this helpful,

John

4 Likes

@gchop, Hi, Carrie,

I responded to some of your thoughts in my post to this thread today. Hopefully, you will find it helpful. I hadn’t heard of Molinism until today :slight_smile:

John

2 Likes

Thank you John! I look forward to going through all that you shared on this subject. I appreciate you taking the time to share what you know. :blush:

2 Likes

@gchop That’s great, Carrie, I hope you will find it helpful

btw if you want to get an idea of what the ‘Gentiles’ of Paul’s own time believe about God and how we participate in the divine nature. Take a look at Cicero’s Laws especially the first few books. Reading these alongside of Romans is illuminating. Cicero died about 50 BCE which right around the time of when Paul wrote his Epistle (about 60 CE). Cicero’s represents the view of God current at the time Paul was writing among the Roman educated folk. It will provide a solid foundation for forming your own opinions on how to interpret Romans 2:14-16.

John

2 Likes

Hello, hope you are doing well Grace? Your questions have been a wrestling match for many across time in our search for real?

Roman’s 10 has helped me resolve my misunderstanding in this area to a great degree. But first let me say or ask this?

Just looking for clarity in understanding from my perspective.

His ways are higher than our ways past finding out as John revealed by only describing what he saw in revelation with his finite mind the magnitude and glory of Heaven.

For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:9

A portion of chapter 10
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.” But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down from above ) or, “ ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “ Lord , who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed: “Their sound has gone out to all the earth, And their words to the ends of the world.”
Romans 10:4‭-‬18 NKJV

Let me jump the fence a moment and say, in our post modern world with a multitude of theories or ideas and science that has a truth essence. Has invalidated to a degree an average non- believing individual, the passages that speak to seeing God in creation has truly blinded the eyes of many.

Those theories, ideas are propagated in education and many debunk the creation story by God. Which as we all do leads us to ask what is the truth.

Being completely upfront and honest with you and all who will read this.

I can’t wrap my mind, logically can anyone, as to how God is and always was without a beginning nor an ending.
But by faith I trust Him though I dont humanly comprehend that?

Further more scripture in Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, which leads me to this and how can this be?

Is it as well a definite fact that many triillions over time since Christ have never heard the true Gospel. How can they know the truth that Jesus is the only way, truth, life.

He says He wants all to know Him so how can they know Him if they haven’t heard.

Paul says in, II Corinthians 5:6‭, ‬8
So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight.
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

To paraphrase either here or there, no in between place or space.

Some time between here, earth, and there, Heaven they have to hear or God would not be the just and righteous God He says He is.

Those that hear while here make their choice, but I believe all have the opportunity to hear. If they dont He is not a good God.

Thank you for reading, my take on your question, I look forward to your thoughts.
Mike

2 Likes

Oh that sounds great! Thank you for this recommendation! I am very much interested in understanding people better, especially historically in the cultures surrounding biblical times. :blush:

1 Like

I didn’t get a chance to dive deep through all these awesome responses today but I’m looking forward to reading and digesting everything here!! Thank you for all this amazing feedback

1 Like

Wow! Great topic!
As I read through the questions and answers, I was moved to these thoughts about the subject.
If God decides who’s going to heaven or hell only by those who believe in Jesus before we die, why would He even have a judgment seat?
I believe those who accept, believe and make Jesus their Lord, have sealed their place in heaven. When they are before the judgement seat, God will see them as perfect, washed in the blood and will go directly to heaven.
All others will go before the judgement seat, bowing down and saying, “You are God, please have mercy on me!” These are the people who will have their hearts and deeds judged. At that time God will decide where they will send their eternity.
So, I believe those who haven’t come to know Jesus will have the possibly of entering heaven also.
Like I said, this just came to me as I was reading the above questions and answers.
Comments more than welcome.

2 Likes

I think that it would make sense to include Epictetus as a means of understanding the question. I was introduced to his works in NT Wright’s book Paul and the Faithfulness of God. As an aside I think that @GraceHill would find this to be a good all in one book. It cover the world of Paul, the 2nd temple period and the golden age of Rome’s gospel.

4 Likes

@Jimmy_Sellers there is a helpful essay written by NT Wright called The Law in Romans 2

He concludes that Paul is talking about Gentile christians.

John

1 Like

Hi, Carrie,
This is a very thorough and thoughtful response to the original question about salvation and those who have never heard a proper Gospel presentation. I have noticed that those who wrestle most deeply with this question, pray, and search the Scriptures come to similar conclusions as your own. I do not wish to offend anyone by saying this but to have a rigid, black-and-white cut-off based on a few verses does that does not take into account the whole of the Gospel and the heart of God puts us at risk of losing genuine revelation on the subject. I am genuinely moved by the orderly content and insightful use of Scripture to state your position; I will commit Romans 12:2-12 to memory so that I may share it with others. While I may have drawn similar conclusions myself, it is very reassuring to read another believer’s statement on such a delicate issue. One of the parables of Jesus that constantly reminds me to check my own motives is that of the sheep and the goats in Matthew 25. It makes me wonder if it isn’t safer in terms of salvation to be genuinely concerned for the poor and do something about it than have an orthodox confession and live for the praise of people. A special thank you to RZIM connect for making this kind of online dialogue possible.

3 Likes

Thank you, those were all just thoughts I’ve had for a while but I am open to anything anyone else has to say about this as I leave lots of room for error on my part. Yes, the occasion for such dialogue is a great blessing in learning more about such topics! :blush:

2 Likes

@GraceHill @gchop @CLS
Interesting discussion and thanks for the engagement on this topic. As has been already stated the scriptures seem to teach that all people must come through Jesus to have relationship with the Father. But in opposition to the scriptures is the idea that people who may be sincere in their search for God but can’t get to know him because of geographical or societal limitations and that good people may be justified to stand before God based on their deeds and the condition of their heart or by feeding the poor. As I think about this, a question comes to mind; is the god that people are seeking, truly God? Can He really do miracles and can He know the hearts of all people in the world? Does He really love and care for all people? I have to admit that I do ask these questions rhetorically.

But reading through the scriptures I don’t see Jesus calling sincere people. The Pharisees were very sincere people, but they wanted God’s kingdom on their own terms. The true God is able to read the hearts of people better than we are. Jesus came into this world not to fix broken people, but to give them a new life. That is why Jesus came to earth, took on flesh; because there is no other way. It is only through Jesus that we get this new life, without Him we are still in our sin and broken.

If God is really who He said He is, and we truly appreciate that we are broken and sinful people (even in our desire for what salvation should look like), then we need to trust Him and share the truth that He has given us.

Preach the gospel to the whole world and only the gospel, because it alone has the power to save.

I don’t think anybody said it better than Ravi. If there was 100 ways to God, we as people would be looking for and trying to justify 101. We as people need to trust Him and be thankful that God has made The Way for us to come to him. We should not take it for granted and we should be focused on sharing this blessing with those God has put in our paths.

Blessing

Don

3 Likes

I think in those circumstances, the ones you described above with some people not hearing the gospel whether due to voluntary or involuntary reasons, I’ll let God be God and I’ll be me; a finite man who understands but a small fraction at best of the universe. After all, I am sinful and my judgement imperfect, without Christ I am lost in darkness. I think those things are best left to one’s judgement who is just and perfect. All you can do is what Jesus said, be “salt and light.” Just my $0.02 anyway.

2 Likes