Is that okey for husband and wife decide to have no kids?

Hello guys ,

Me believer and my husband no believer and we decide to have no kid, just coz we feel this world is so much suffering and pain , work and work to paid the bill to have that circle in life.

That’s the reason , so what the bible said about my situation ?
And the bible said “God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
Genesis 1;28

Is that’s mean I didn’t obey God commend ?

I know in my heart I can just adopt kid and help the needy whenever my husband ready and become believer

Thank you guys

Hello @Julia_chetty, the command to “be fruitful and multiply” was given to Adam and Eve in the Garden. I don’t believe you’re sinning by being married and deciding not to have children. If ever you read in the Bible women wanting to have children you have to understand their culture in Ancient Israel. Women weren’t considered as worthy as men in a lot of situations so having children was a great accomplishment for them in those times.

Today it’s not so. Today women are considered equal to men and don’t have to have children to be respected amongst her peers. With all honesty it’s always better to wait to have children if you’re not sure of the situation they would be born into.

Blessings :blush:

2 Likes

Talking it over and making a decision the two of you agree on is good (Proverbs 3:17). If there’s not a moral issue it seems wise to enjoy your agreed decision together without digging up unnecessary objections. What if however, your decision to eliminate pain and suffering was bumped up to another level? For example, if you were pregnant and the two of you decided to abort the baby because you felt there is so much suffering and pain in life, and the work-work-work- rat race to pay the bills didn’t seem suitable to bring another life into the world? Different people would draw the line on this at different levels for different reasons using their beliefs and values (or lack thereof). And this brings the deeper question you might want to be asking: What values and worldview do you and your husband hold to make life decisions like this? You might ask yourselves "Are there other things you’re eliminating from your life which you reckon to be un-affordable, too risky, or don’t seem to fit today’s economy that you believe should be a part of your life together? Everyone has to make choices to minimize the pain, suffering, and hassle life presents… but living a life with God’s purpose and design is meant to stretch and grow us up. If we simply try to sterilize life’s inherent vulnerabilities of pain and suffering we unwittingly fail and limit the potentials of joy and meaning and the miracles God works when we give him room to do so. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Luna thank you so much for your answer…
That’s help a lot

Hey @timotto , thank you so much for classification help me more understand…
God bless