Is there any particular/specific common point of reference you use in reaching out to people or your audience while presenting the gospel message?

Hello @Yutaro
Is there any particular/specific common point of reference you use in reaching out to people or your audience while presenting the gospel message? If so could you kindly tell us what it is, why you chose so and how you connected it. (One would suffice :grinning: )

2 Likes

Hi @Theja

Thank you for your question:)
It is really important to think about how we can find common ground with our non-Christian friends. You might have heard of the expression, β€œJesus is the answer. But what is the question?” We have to know what questions people are asking and how we can find a way to introduce Jesus as the ultimate answer.

That is why I always try to understand what the real struggles people are having whenever I give talks or have personal evangelistic conversations. One example would be that people from Asian cultures seem to struggle with the social pressure to compete and succeed in life. β€œIs there a way out of this endless race?” This might be one of the questions Asian people are asking consciously or unconsciously, and it is something we see in pop culture and also have experienced at first hand. They seem to resonate with the sense of burden and exhaustion when I bring up the issue, and then I explain how Jesus loves us even though he knows all our brokenness and failures. I sometimes share my testimony of how Jesus solved the problem in my life by bringing peace in my heart that I do not have to prove myself in front of him to earn his love and acceptance.

The key is to find the real questions people are asking and they could be on fulfillment, sexuality, truth, or anxiety. Explain how Jesus solves the core problem by his grace and mercy, and share your personal experiences if you think it is relevant.

Thank you again for the great question!

6 Likes