It is okay to die

Hi my family in Christ,

I have prayed about this and my Lord has offered his good grace. This is such a difficult post. Please stay with me,.

The question becomes a narritive: Is it okay to die,? But what when the person is really dying? And why is this so hard for all of us to embrace death as life? And are we not all truely dying every day in the world and in life?

I am dying you see? Every moment of every day is a gift. And every time I am not supposed to be here is a blessing to share the glory of our Father in heaven. But is the day He brings me home any less than the time I am here now? Phillipians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.’

I wish to stay here. I want to hold my friends and family in my arms. I want to feel the sand under my feet. I want to look to the sky and see my Father in all of creation. I want to have children to share the Good news of Jesus Christ.

But I will not have long here. And so people will say have you no faith? Believe me! My life is faith unleashed that I should not have been here several times now.

I will live as long as prayers and hopeful requests to our Father finds Him. But what when it is time to go home ?

It is hard to admit to my adoptive family and church that ‘I am ready to go home.’

And I am . It does not mean I do not want to be here and I will fight tooth and nail to stay! ! It just means, I also want to go home, and this is okay,

I am fighting for my life, yet my life is fading however in reality,
are we all not fading?

To be a Christian also means we trust God. Romans 6:5

Can we be honest in this time, even we ask for healing? How many miracles I have seen in my own survival to know God IS GOD.

This is the hard question. But one we all can answer. It is very simple. John 3:16.

I will enjoy so much being with you for this year, or the next and the next!

But you will say goodbye to me in a place my Lord has already held me.

It is okay to die.

Our Lord conquered the grave.

If you have loved ones, or you are stuggling with this, please don’t be afraid. This is the one scary place people shy… but we all ultimatly in this place, We all have someone leaving… or we are leaving as am I… i am here if you will want to talk about this … also I welcome any words and advice in our Lord to make this easier for me also. I am learning every day in this walk home.

I’m here and can walk you in Christ through this journey. Im dying too… and it’s okay in our Lord.

~Blessings~
~Sanah~

22 Likes

Death is a friend to the righteous man. We cherish the moments on earth but it can not measure to the glory to be revealed in Heaven.
You are still here and that’s okay, because that means you still got something to give before going home. May God grant you complete healing if it his will for you to live longer :pray:t5:

6 Likes

Prayers

3 Likes

Dear Mr. Mein,

Yes sir, death is not our enemy and has no sting because our Lord robbed the grave.

1 Corinthians 15 5-57 ’ Where O death is your victory? Where O death is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! ’

Thank you sir for your words of kindness and truth in our Lord. There is such glory waiting it is impossible to even imagine.

Yes sir Mr. Mein,

I am still here and as long as I am here, then all is for my Lord. You are 100 percent correct sir.

I will look forward to more of your post on connect.

Blessings,
~Sanah~

3 Likes

Thank you Mr. Jester for your prayers.

One can not have too many people praying sir.

May your live a blessed life in Christ.

~Blessings~
~Sanah~

2 Likes

Thank you Sanah, you are a blessing and a message. The Lord is your strength.
Look forward to your post too.
Psalm 84: 10 & 11.
May your day be a blessing to you and everyone around you.

1 Like

Good morning Sanah,
I have read many of your posts and feel your emotions and love for Christ and His children. As you know to be absent here means your present there. Seeing your heart through your posts I have been praying for you and will continue. I truly do love you sister. May His strength be made perfect in weakness.
Mike

3 Likes

Hi Sanah (@sanahdalah15). Thank you so much for sharing your question and also your wisdom. You have been through so much and I imagine the road you are travelling is still a daily challenge. You have such a unique perspective - one that many of us can hardly imagine because of this world’s many distractions (and our human nature). You are truly a gift, many times over. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your joy and your struggles here. Thank you for your obedience to Christ (which I know must come from being sold out in love for him) and reminding the rest of us what this life is really for.:slightly_smiling_face::heart:

I truly appreciate your insights surrounding death. I have a good friend who is currently fighting cancer and who says he will remain here on this earth as long as God has a purpose for him here. He says that having a terminal illness has given him many opportunities to share about Jesus. His faith has been bolstered, if anything, by this experience and he continues to be a spiritual mentor to me (and, I am sure, many others). I have learned so much from him and others in the last few years about the eternal perspective concerning life and death. This has been helping me to grow as a Christian as well as taught me how to interact with people who are closer to life after death then I seem to be at this moment.

Sanah, you are such a blessing to so many people. I pray that God will continue to bless you as you minister to others while our Father has you here with us. It can’t be easy for you to be dealing with the “now and not yet”; to be alternately pulled by the love of those on this earth and the love of Our Father in heaven. Blessings and love to you, dear one, as you continue to face your earthly struggles and continue to journey alongside all of us. I will continue to pray for your healing and for His amazing grace to enfold you as you grieve the loss of earthly dreams.

5 Likes

@sanahdalah15. It is truly a gift to live in this world and yet wear it like a loose garment. I often think, that what we call infancy and youth is no less a step closer to leaving. From the moment of our inception, we begin the aging process. We begin the sojourn towards eternity. The busyness of this world can make us forget; we come here on our way out. What we strain against is a mandate established through our fall in the garden.

I am with you Sanah. For me to live is Christ, for me to die is gain. I will most likely not meet you face to face on this journey. But I promise to hug the stuffing out of you on the other side. Loving that you are here. Trusting in what comes next. Love your sister, Constance!

6 Likes

Sanah, I am so touched for you to open your heart like this and share your feelings about death. Death is something I have contemplated a lot over the years. It started when I was married and my husband started his training to be a fighter pilot. I would hear whispers of fear and doubt about him not coming home every day he flew. Then as I began having children I acquired the mother’s fear of ever losing one. We had friends whose 4 year old niece died in a freak accident at school and that stuck with me. Over the years though I have learned to not fear death of those close to me so much and to accept that it can happen and is not necessarily the worst thing that may ever happen. It is the fear of loss, the fear of the sorrow and regret that many of us experience. Our culture teaches us that death is the most to be dreaded sometimes. But I know now that even though anyone I love may die when I am not expecting it, and I have a lot of people that I love dearly, this life is but a vapor and though it will be so hard we have a God that will carry us through such things. I have also learned to look forward more to eternity which is so much bigger and this life is such a brief interval of time that I almost feel myself looking past it to eternity. I often think of the friends we will meet, the things I hope to do, the amazing things that will be revealed, all the time basking in God’s glory. Eternity seems more real to me now than ever and I feel like everything we do here as Christians is just getting us ready for it.

Sanah, I think of you and others who aren’t able to enjoy this world physically as many of us are and glory in the thought that someday you will experience more than we ever do here. All of the things we long for but cannot have here are but shadows of the things to come so how wonderful to be in Glory finally! An acquaintance who spent 9 years as a paraplegic finally went home a few years ago and I was so happy for him. I think what makes facing death so hard is the unknown. It is a road we have never traveled and that is naturally frightening to us. It is natural to fear or even dread death. You may not dread it but the reality may be looming and a bit scary. Know this Sanah, that the Father will be holding your hand through it all and those around you will be praying and the transition itself I think will be glorious. I myself can’t wait, but I don’t have the feeling of closeness to death that you must have. I’m praying for you sister and for peace and joy and comfort in your reality and know that I’ll pray prayers of gladness when you are finally home and running through grass and laughing and dancing with joy. Maybe you will climb a mountain, who knows! Whatever God has prepared for us is more than we can imagine. So for now I pray for you to continue to feel close to Him and may His peace wash over you.

Love you sister, and hey, let’s get together in eternity and really get to know one another! I can’t wait to really spend time with you in that way. It’ll be awesome!

Your sister in Christ,
Carrie

5 Likes

Yes sir Mr. Mein,

Psalm 84:10-11

‘For a day in your courts is better than a thousand years elsewhere. I would rather be the doorkeeper in the house of my God than live in the tents of wickedness. For the Lord is a sun and a shield; he bestows favor and honor.No good thing does the Lord withhold from those who walk uprightly.’

Thak you for this scripture sir and may our Lord continue to bless you.

Blessings.~
~Sanah~

3 Likes

Hi Mr. Mike,

Yes sir, and I see you often most every where because you are so faithful and loyal in your time here in connect. You are a blessing in your very gentle way. You are so non assuming and always present.

I did read in another post where our Lord has given you healing from Leukemia. This is such a beautiful and rare gift for an adult! Younger people survie this, but it is not often an older adult will survive this. You surely have much our Lord is trusting in you to be here after what is not often seen in medicine.

Thank you sir for always you are here and always a good word and prayer for all of us.

Blessings,~
~Sanah~

3 Likes

Ms Tara,

It is so lovely to read your words.

My Lord found me wandering so lost when I was only 14. I did not know then as to the future trouble in my brain. I lived as a foster from 7 until that time when my Lord held me. I always say, he left the 99 sheep knowing I will not be here long, but still he found me and brought me home over his shoulders. He already knew I was going to die young and had this trouble, but still he sought me out no different than if I was Queen of many lands. What God in any history does this? Only our God does this.

I say this to hopefully give encouragement, strength, and hope to your friend as your mention of him has given me encouragment. . He is dying, but also coming more alive in faith! I will like to meet him! Perhaps he will join connect and be such a gift to all of us in ’ more acute ’ transition.

I think perspective speaks much. I will leave in a few years… as others. Our friends and family are saying nooo… because it hurts. But from the perspective of the one leaving, it is not the one person who is dying, but for me, it is not my life I am losing, it is I am losing everyone you see. It is as if they are leaving and not me. But knowing our Lord defeated the grave, this is a lie of satan. Because we are all together in glory not long from now.

Thank you so much Ms. Tara for your words and concern. I truly appreciate your insights of encouragemnet, acceptance, and loyalty in our Lord. I am looking always forward to your insights and wisdom in our Lord.

~Blessings,
~Sanah~

3 Likes

My dear Ms Carrie,

It is always a blessing to read your words.

I find myself missing you when we miss an email exchange for a couple of days.

My life has been a gift and even I did not understand such things happening in my childhood, now these things make since that our Lord already knew all in my existance. Without knowing my Lord, I will wish to change so many things! But in being intimate and with our Lord , I will not change anything at all. I am who I am because of all things along the way. I have value and worth in Jesus. All is dust outside of our Lord.

Yes mam Ms. Carrie, you have many children and many grandchildren to come! You are so vigilent and knowing how such can happen in a moment . Having a husband in combat must have been an ongoing struggle of faith. Yet … and yet.

The numbers in your life are with concern knowing you are beating the odds for now. However, your words ring out, ’ you have thought this through and are ready for the day when perhaps a thing changes. But I will pray this will never be a part of your prayer list.

Your’re very kind and generous in your time and compassion Ms. Carrie. I have come to know you for some time now. Colossians 3:12 ’ Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yousleves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. ’

I am always at ease to read your words, and please… always talk to me. :pray::slightly_smiling_face:

blessings,
~Sanah~

2 Likes

Dear Ms. Constance,

Thank you for your kind words.

I feel there is much you are not saying as of now. I am able to relate with your metaphor of the loose garment which leads me to blelive you write in some way. Or love to read maybe? Poetry?

Just curious my sister.

Blessings~
~Sanah~

2 Likes

Thank you Sanah for those kind words. I assume you are familiar with the Hulk, you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry. Old things have past away all things are new and I thank my Lord every day for what He did in me.

Was reading in Romans this morning and you came to mind because I saw you.

Romans 8:
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
With great love and affection through Christ Jesus our Lord.
Mike

3 Likes

@sanahdalah15. Yes, ma’am. I love to write. Not always finding an audience but I love to write. I think that you are a writer as well. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you Mr. Mike,

This a a very cherished chapter in my heart. Mr. Mike, I appreciate, as well as everyone else surely does also, all the time and effort you spent typing Romans 8 all out for myself and others to be able to read, meditate, pray, and celebrate. It’s a lot eaiser to just leave the reference, but you really took your time so everyone who passes through here will have an opportunity to read and know some of the unimaginable truths and blessings the Lord has given us. :pray:

This is one of many reasons why I believe the Holy Spirit lead me to open this post is so others going through their own dark night have a place to come for solace and spiritual uplifting. Also to share their stories, for others to have a chance to encourage, and for our Father to work through this beautiful ministry on connect, that is in Christ, as we are all a part of one body in our Lord; that we come together and feel held within the heart of God our Father.

The ending is so uplifting and powerful!

" ’ For your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.'Yet in these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neith death or life, or angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, not height nor deapth , nor any created thing, shall be able to seperate us from the love of God which is in Jesus Christ our Lord. "

This is one surely to carry in our pockets if we can’t sear the words in our mind.

Thank you again Mr. Mike.

And I am glad you no longer turn green and crush people. :wink:

Blessings,
~Sanah~

3 Likes

Hi Ms Constance,

Yes mam. I also enjoy writing. It would seem there are probably many people here on connect who are artist of some sort. I bet this community is loaded with writers, poets, painters, designers, folk art, singers, and the list could go on for a few paragraphs.

Our Father is THE Artist. Look at all he made with only His Word and breath. And are we not made in his image?

Perhaps we can begin a thread/post for people to share their art as Christ has lead them?

Blessings,
~Sanah~

3 Likes

Dearest Sanah, you are sweet to say that and am glad it brought you solace, i did not want mislead you, but in truth I have a digital bible app. that I use to copy and paste Bible passages on the forum. It took a minute but I did not type any of it. Prayers, and love.
Mike

3 Likes