Jairo

(Jairo Gomes Ribeiro Junior) #1

Hello. My name is Jairo and I am a student from Brazil. I have been a Christian for my whole life and haven’t found some good explanations for questions that I have. I hope this connect helps me. I also expect to contribute in what I have learned in my life :slight_smile:

4 Likes
(SeanO) #2

@Jairo Welcome to Connect! So glad you’ve joined us. I’m excited to hear the questions that are on your heart and mind and also to learn from your own thoughts and experiences. May the Lord Jesus bless your time here and lead and guide you in all that you do and say. See you on the forums.

1 Like
(Mitchell A Strickling) #3

Greetings Jairo! I think some of your questions will be answered by new questions :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Cosmin Pricopoaea-Nicolaescu) #4

Welcome @Jairo. May your questions lead you with patience through the majesty of God.

1 Like
(Scott Dockins) #5

Jairo,

Welcome, brother! Though I have not been a life long Christian (former atheist), I too, am a questioner, before, and after my conversion to Christianity.

In Man or Rabbit, C.S. Lewis sets out to answer this question:

“CAN’T YOU LEAD A GOOD LIFE WITHOUT BELIEVING IN Christianity?” (Lewis, Man or Rabbit)

I am not assuming that you are asking this question, but I am providing it for context.

Shortly, into his opening statement Mr. Lewis makes this statement:

One of the things that distinguishes man from the other animals is that he wants to know things, wants to find out what reality is like, simply for the sake of knowing. When that desire is completely quenched in anyone, I think he has become something less than human." (Lewis, Man or Rabbit)

So, my friend, consider yourself in good company, because according to Lewis you are as a human should be.

Here is a link to a Youtube of Daniel Mumby reading Lewis’ Man or Rabbit.

I listen to it often and find it most insightful, and Daniel Mumby does a stellar job reading Lewis’ work.

Here is the link to the PDF of Lewis’ Man or Rabbit that I quoted from in this post.

Welcome, and God Bless brother!

1 Like