James Dye

Hello, I’m from Fort Wayne, IN and I have been listening to Ravi and the RZIM team regularly for nearly 4yrs. I am a Christian rock artist and mental health advocate through my music and hope to find some community.

3 Likes

Good Morning @James_Dye We extend a hand and a warm welcome to you from the Connect community. We are grateful you have joined us.

I would love to know more about that. Are you a singer? do you play an instrument? write lyrics? melodies? Who do you like to listen to? How have you found that music has helped you or others that you have played for? I couldn’t help but think of David in the Bible when he would play for King Saul. When the Spirit of the Lord came upon David, his music in turn drove evil spirits from Saul. (1 Samuel 16.14-23)

As an artist, you are in good company here. Just this week I read some stunning rap song lyrics, beautiful poems, saw an amazing digital illustration of Ravi and read stories from those who possess the gift of writing. I invite you to browse this forum and ask a question, start a discussion or search for posts about your topic of interest.

We would love to get to know you better and how the Lord used Ravi and this ministry to impact your life. Thank you again for your post.

Grace and peace to you,
Mary Beth

1 Like

Hi @James_Dye, it’s wonderful to have you here, welcome! I really look forward to reading more from you as you engage here. I trust you will enjoy browsing through this forum. Any insight you may have to offer would be a blessing :pray:t3:
Take care

2 Likes

Welcome aboard from Fort Wayne Indiana @James_Dye. It’s good to have you with us. Thank you for being here. I hope I get to hear you some time. It is an interesting mix: mental health care professional and musician. Thank God for the talents that he brings and thank you for sharing your talent here. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like

Thanks Mary Beth. I was the vocalist in a very heavy Christian rock band and played shows in the Midwest when I was at the end of high school and in my early 20s. I just do solo music now. It’s still hard rock to an extent but I do some singing and play piano. My favorite Christian bands are Project 86 and P.O.D. Music helped me a great deal when I was a teen and struggling and when I was in my band I connected with a lot of people and also had some younger kids that would connect with me as well. There’s a big demographic that isn’t reached by praise and worship style music so it was great being in that music scene.

Almost 4yrs ago I lost my dad traumatically and have been suffering from PTSD immensely. In some ways Ravi saved my life and listening to him got me into listening to John Lennox who has also been just as positive for me. I’m hoping to hear a calling again and land where I need to be. I’m glad to hear that you enjoy the arts!

1 Like

Thank you thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Keldon. I worked in healthcare for 15yrs and had to leave that field recently. I’m not a medical professional but I’m wanting to advocate for mental health more and I’d like to see apologetics include mental health a lot more. Maybe I can figure out a way to do that.

1 Like

I read your response to @MaryBeth1 and was so touched by it. I’m so sorry about your dad, that breaks my heart for you :broken_heart: My nephew went though the same experience when he lost his dad. I am lifting you up in prayer this morning :pray:t3:
God bless

2 Likes