Jan from The Netherlands

Say hello…
Hey brothers and sisters. It feels good to join you.

Where are you from?
I’m from Urk, The Netherlands. A beautiful old town at lake ‘IJsselmeer’, known for is fishermen and fish industry.

What led you to join Connect?
Watching the RZIM Youtube video’s made me start RZIM core module. And I’m glad I did. To be honest, it even changed my life.

How do you hope to contribute?
At the RZIM online course connecting through a forum was part of it. But normally I don’t participate much on forums. So I’m hoping to progress in this place.

8 Likes

Welcome @JMB, we are grateful you joined too! Would you feel comfortable elaborating on how your life was changed? If not, that is perfectly fine. I trust you will find this a welcoming environment. Please feel free to start a topic or just observe until you feel comfortable engaging. We look forward to your thoughts and insight.
Take care :heart:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @JMB. Wasn’t the Core module so good? I would love to read how it changed your life as well. I have to say it changed mine as well. I thought the time spent on the manner in which we respond to questions with care, cordiality, gracious and attractive speech was something that I definitely needed to hear. That changed the way I talked and shared. God-bless you and your journey.

5 Likes

Hello, Jan, and welcome to Connect! Great to have you join us. Are there any videos that stood out to you? About once a week or so we have conversations about RZIM YouTube videos, and I’d love to feature one you are interested in.

4 Likes

By the way are you watching the World Cup today for women’s soccer? Good luck against Sweden.

3 Likes

Thank you for your warm welcome. And I’m happy to share about the change. I grew up in a town with about 20.000 inhabitants. Almost 80% christian. So that’s a great place to live. And in my heart I felt the story of Jezus is true. But my head kept asking:

• Is God a delusion?
  • What about the Islamic, Hindu, Buddhist people. Are they all wrong?
  • Is the bible reliable?
  • Etc.

With less books in Dutch on this topics I kept searching. And found RZIM. I’m so glad I did.

Now I have more rest in my head. To be able to give more room for the heart.

4 Likes

Thank you @Keldon_Scott. I will be watching indeed. Great to see them play isn’t it. And hoping to meet the USA in the finals :wink:

1 Like

Love that, thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

Exactly what I mean @Keldon_Scott. Being able to respond with care to my muslim neighbor and agnostic relative was great to experience. All because of the study material and the listening exercises. Thank you and God bless you too.

2 Likes

Thank you for you welcome. Great to be here. The video from John Lennox on Artificial Intelligence was actually the video that made me decide to join RZIM online. Because of my work in online marketing I have an interest for technology. Seeing Google AI becoming smarter, and Elon Musk warning us. Well, that gave me concern. And then the answer of John Lennox…so wonderfully told.

3 Likes

So very good. Yes I experienced the same. The listening Exercise was very revealing. I did get to see the heart of others like I had not seen before period so I resonate with your experience. Good luck with the soccer game.

2 Likes

Hi Jan
thank you for your introduction. I completed the online apologetics course in spring by Zacharias Akademie which was amazing! I learned so much how to talk and explain the gospel better to people I meet in every day life. then I came across this connect page.
I am from Switzerland by the way…

Many greetings Bettina

3 Likes

Hi @JMB

A hearty welcome to the group!
You brought so many memories associated with the Netherlands back to my mind. I worked in Ghent, Belgium for one year (Sep 2012 to Aug 2013) and I used to travel every week to worship the Lord on the Lord’s day with the saints in Deventer. I loved their fellowship. It was enriching and nurturing. And I loved the Netherlands. I used to look forward to traveling to the Netherlands every weekend. Feeling nostalgic. :slight_smile:
God bless you and equip you to be a mighty witness for Him in the current age.

3 Likes