Jan Stephenson

Hi there .
I am from New Zealand.
I joined Connect because I think it is important to have conversations about the Christian faith that are challenging and helpful. I believe Jesus called us to follow Him as disciples not converts to anything else that is not the Lordship of Christ. To live a lifestyle that is honoring to God and a witness to others, both believers and unbelievers. There are so many winds of questionable doctrine blowing across the earth today and much sectarianism. I love the RZIM teaching and the way it challenges thinking to expose what’s in the heart.

I am happing to contribute to conversations in a way that sees iron sharpen iron.

9 Likes

Hi @janstephenson13,

I’m so pleased that you have joined RZIM Connect! Welcome!

This line really hits home:

To live a lifestyle that is honoring to God and a witness to others, both believers and unbelievers.

I pray that God will help us to grow to maturity in Christ as we encourage and help one another in Connect. May your experience here inspire, challenge, and strengthen you. The desire is that the experience and process of participation would be intricately linked to your own growth in Christ. As we love each person we meet here, may God use that experience to drive us closer to him and into a deeper study of his word.

5 Likes

Hello @janstephenson13, it’s so nice to meet you. I remember reading Psalms 139 a lot when I was in my late 20’s, early 30’s. I have always admired the prayer of David “Search me O God and know my heart, Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me,and lead me in the way everlasting .”
I am now 56 and I have quoted that prayer many times only to be shocked by what was revealed to me. “The heart is deceitful above all things, who can understand it?” ~Jeremiah 17:9 Acknowledging what is revealed and praying to change it has been a life’s journey for me. So you are right to love the teaching of exposing the heart. It is a humbling and challenging experience.
Enjoy browsing the topics :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello, Jan, and welcome to Connect. :slight_smile: It’s great to hear of your hunger to know Truth and to dig deeply into knowing God. I’m looking forward to hearing more from you here.

1 Like