Jay Fernando

member_introductions
(Jay Fernando) #1

Hi everyone!

I’m Jay from Manila in the Philippines.

I’m part of a batch of 16 wonderful people from all over the world that took the OCCA Summer Business Program.

At this point I still don’t know how I can contribute here but if ever anyone is in Manila, please feel free to reach out and we can have coffee or dinner or just be of help in anyway I can!

God bless you all

10 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #2

@jaywalking1968
Kamusta Jay, I.m an American who comes to Mindanao and works with the Tagakaulo people every year for a month or so. I’ve been here 3 weeks and 3 weeks from now, I’ll be back in the States. I love your country - the people, the culture the climate - everything. I don’t speak Tagalog but I do a bit of Cebuano.

You will get a lot out of this group. It is loaded with great hears and minds!
Pagamping

4 Likes
(Lindsay Brandt) #3

Hello, Jay! Welcome to Connect! So glad to have you join us!

4 Likes
(Sieglinde) #4

Very kind :heart: Welcome!

2 Likes
(Heidi Mitchell) #5

Welcome, Jay!

1 Like
(Kathleen) #6

Welcome, @jaywalking1968! We’re glad you’ve joined us. Love that you were a part of the OCCA BP. Was that last summer? And I’m curious what kind of impact did those 4 weeks have on you? :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Jay Fernando) #7

Hi @Tim_Ramey :blush: thanks for the welcome. Would love to hear more about what you do in Mindanao and if there’s anything I can pray for you in your work in that area. Please do let some know. God bless you :blush:

1 Like
(Jay Fernando) #8

Hi Lindsay. Thanks so much for the welcome

2 Likes
(Jay Fernando) #9

Hi @HeidiMitchell and @sig! :blush: thanks s9 much for the welcome :+1:. Looking forward to getting to know the community

1 Like
(Jay Fernando) #10

Hi Kathleen. Yes I was in the 2018 batch of “misfits” :wink:

The Business Program positively “wrecked” my life would be the simplest way I could put it. It sparked a deeper hunger for study, prayer and worship in my personal life which was all the fault of Tom Tarrants :blush: (for which I will be eternally grateful to God) and confirmed my call to be an evangelist in the marketplace (which I seem have been resisting for a long time). The program left me with no excuses left and kickstarted my journey on that road.

Will always look back on it as turning point in my life. :blush:

3 Likes
(Tim Ramey) #11

Jay, I come every year for a month or longer. I work with a national pastor - Jun Malon who is Tagakaulo and is translating the Bible, reading it on a radio program and it goes out to the world on Facebook, equips pastors in the mountains and leads a church in Davao for tribal people - Tagakaulo, Mindiya, Menobo, Blahan, etc. He has become my very close friend and I come to do whatever he wants me to do. Actually, my biggest role is being his friend as he answers to SIL and comes along side the mountain pastors so he can talk to me about matters that he has no one else to talk with. I love the work! I love his family too.

1 Like
(Rachel Nnoli) #12

Welcome!

(Kathleen) #13

So amazing to hear! The OCCA holds a special place in my heart too. I was utterly transformed by my time spent there. :slight_smile: