Jenny Cerna - Ex catholic and new ager

Say hello…
Hello I am Jenny Cerna
Where are you from?
Originally from Honduras but live in Miami for 15 years now
What led you to join Connect?
I was saved from New Age movement just a few months ago and are very hungry for the word of God and need a lot of answers
How do you hope to contribute?
I truly admire what RZIM has to offer to Christians. I want to learn and explore the possibility of being an apologist speaker and present to new agers, catholics and young audiences.

25 Likes

Welcome Jenny and great to read of your ambitions to want speak and present your new found faith to those who have been where you once were. God so often uses our life journey to give us much more weight and power to our testimonies. The Connect community and RZIM are a great resource for helping establish your own faith and in helping others who are also seeking answers to life’s big questions. What was it that finally made you move from New Age belief to a commitment to Christ?

Blessings :slightly_smiling_face:

Brian

6 Likes

@Jenny_Cerna welcome in! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you Jenny!

2 Likes

Welcome Jenny, hope you had a blessed Christmas and will have a Christ filled 2020. Hello from a former alter boy and parochial school graduate. The truth truly does set us free. It is good to meet you look forward to your questions.
Mike

4 Likes

Hello Jenny, welcome! I love your enthusiasm for Christ. May the Spirit help you grow and learn how to be able to share your faith with others who don’t know Christ. :blush:

6 Likes

Hey Jenny, welcome to this great family. You are in the right place where you can grow that zeal and passion you have towards God.
God bless you!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Jenny_Cerna. Thank you for coming along side us. Can you tell us more? I love your excitement and quest for truth. Sounds like you have been called to speak truth to many. What in particular was missing in your life as someone from new age thought? I look forward to reading your posts. God-bless you and your journey.

6 Likes

Welcome Jenny!! RZIM will be the perfect place for you to dive in and grow in your newfound Christian Faith. My prayer for you is that the Lord will use you mightily in due time, for the burden he’s placed on your heart. In the meantime, get firmly grounded in Christ and let His Spirit lead you into all truth. Welcome to the family, little sister!!!

5 Likes

Hi @Jenny_Cerna, we are grateful to have you here. I am with the others in wanting to hear more about your journey from New Age to Christ. We have a testimony category if you ever feel comfortable sharing. https://connect.rzim.org/c/christian-growth/member-testimonies
Please do feel free to engage here, sharing your thoughts and insight :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Welcome Jenny it is amazing how God can rescue us. This is a great place to grow and ask questions blessings to you.

3 Likes

That’s awesome that you’re no longer in that movement, I hope this platform encourages you to go deeper and deeper with God

3 Likes

Jenny, I’m glad you found RZIM and this community! Can’t wait to hear more about you. Many blessings for 2020
Linda

3 Likes

Welcome @Jenny_Cerna! So happy to hear of your passion to share the Gospel!

3 Likes

I was raised Catholic and it wasn’t until I was 21 that I came to know Jesus’ sacrifice for me. All of my family members are Catholic but they know very little about the Bible and often they lean towards relativism/new age ideas. Would love to hear more about your questions and thoughts. It’s nice to hear from someone that is from a similar background as me. welcome!

3 Likes

First off Jenny, Welcome! I’m glad you’re here. Secondly, Praise God that you are seeking him and I’m happy for you that you made your way out of New Age. I’m fairly new as a Christian as well and like you, I’m also seeking the Word and like minded individuals to soak it all in. I’m looking forward to hearing your testimony. God Bless You!

4 Likes

Hi @Jenny_Cerna,

Praise the Lord for drawing you out of New Age… and into a precious new relationship with Himself. How beautiful.

I hope you have been able to spend some time exploring the conversations on Connect. We are excited you have taken the time to join us here as we learn and grow in our discussions together, helping one another toward answers to tough questions. Please feel welcome to get familiar with the community and begin contributing to conversations or starting topics with questions of your own. You are welcome here, Jenny!

4 Likes

Hi Jenny,
I too came out of the new age movement, it was a part of seeking that bought me finally to Jesus. Welcome to connect, I’m looking forward to hearing more about your journey!

3 Likes

Absolutely! I realized I was so hungry when I was saved, like I had finally found the truth I was looking for! All I was doing was eating addicting spiritual fast food that never satisfied me.

6 Likes

Thank you so much Liz! Currently learning how to manage the app I will be more active as I learn more. I listen to RZIM podcasts every day and take notes. This ministry has been incredible for the development of my relationship with God. God bless you all,

5 Likes