Jerry-Rose Johnson

Say hello…My name is Jerry Rose Johnson

Where are you from? I live in Santa Cruz, California

What led you to join Connect? My Pastor at Regeneration Church, which is tele-hosting it in our sanctuary.

How do you hope to participate? We live in a world in which it is becoming harder to make meaningful connections, and this is a wonderful opportunity to participate in good constructive Q&A’s and at the same time build our faith as the Body of Christ. We’re probably needing to brush up on apologetics as never before. At least I know I am. As a grandmother, I’ve lived long enough to see Christianity, which was once valued as a cultural-touchstone, even in non-churched homes, to now be marginalized. This has caused great harm, especially to our young people, who voice their fears of facing a ‘bleak’ future. Fear seems to be the over-arching feeling these days, and we know that God is never the author of fear. I pray to be able to continue to give an answer for the hope that is in me, as the next generation grabs the evangelism-baton. God, in His mercy, has allowed all of us to live in this, His-divine-timeline for His purpose alone. And, I am convinced that one candle of light in the blackest of nights will pierce that darkness to help keep us on the right path, step by step, and prayerfully bring others along…to the glory of God.

1 Like

Hey @jerryrose.j46, so pleased you have been able to participate in the conference! Glad that you have joined us to continue the conversations here on Connect!

1 Like

Hello Jerry-Rose, How true that is in our time. So glad you came aboard so we could meet you and grow together. Hope you connect with each person in a unique way on this respectful community. As a Grandad myself I totally agree with you and all the difficulties that compromise has effected the family unit. Take care and be safe.

MIke

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply Mike. The generational ‘gap’ is fairly severe these days and overcoming it is of the utmost importance in the scheme of ‘things in our culture’. I believe, we all have so much to learn from one another…as each person is valued and precious to Him. I am concerned, especially a this time of Covid-19 that we have lost the ability to ‘connect’ in deep ways. When our pastor first came to pastor our church he said, the 6 year olds need to know the 16 year olds and the 60 year olds…I knew at that moment the Lord had sent us a good man to shepherd His flock. Have a most blessed Thanksgiving!

1 Like