Joe Morris

Hello, my name is Joe Morris.

I am currently located in Pittsview, AL and I am really excited to be here I currently work in IT as a Software Support Technician but looking forward to putting this behind me and following my true calling as a minister of the Gospel. Beyond this I am married to a wonderful woman and I am the father of three wonderful but trying kids (the trying comes from having having 3 teenagers in the house 2 of which are twin red headed girls). All joking aside I am truly blessed to have a healthy and wonderful family. I attend Church at Silver Run Baptist in Seale, Al and if anyone finds them self in this area please look us up.

I came to connect after completing the Core Module in the RZIM Academy which was a true blessing. As Ravi mentioned in his introduction I will always cherish the friendships that were developed during that course and I look forward to seeing that continue here in Connect as well as in future courses at RZIM, I am truly thankful to be here and I look forward to becoming a part of this community and us learning and growing in Christ together!

I hope to contribute by remembering, "John 13:35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” and that I am sinner saved by the Grace of God. By remembering both of these it brings to mind that regardless of who I am talking to they are due my love and respect as where I am today is not of me but of God and if we as Christian’s are to reach the lost they have got to see the love of Christ within us. Here that would be accomplished by listening, sharing and responding in a humble, loving, truthful and Biblical way.

Thank you and may God bless and watch over all of you!
Joe

7 Likes

Welcome, Joe - I know exactly where Seale, AL is - we raised our children for 25 years in Columbus, GA - but now I’ve been a pastor for the last 10 years up in the northeast corner of the state.

Welcome to RZIM Connect - I look forward to hearing from you!

5 Likes

Thanks James! I don’t know how close you are to Blue Ridge but that area has become my favorite vacation spot.

I look forward to hearing from you as well!

Thanks again and God Bless!

4 Likes

We’re 80 minutes from there - beautiful country - I can understand why you love it - we’re about 10 miles outside of Helen.

4 Likes

We usually make a run through Helen to eat and let the kids get some shopping in. I will let you know next time we are up that way and if we are able we’ll try to make it to service.

3 Likes

Tell you what - you let me know, and we’ll take you out to our favorite restaurant in Helen!

4 Likes

That sounds like a plan. You have a blessed evening Brother and I am going to go spend some time with my daughters. I promised them that I would play some games with them tonight. Being out of school and having to sit around the house is killing them.

4 Likes

Welcome Joe, what a blessing to read your intro. Two teenage girls, oh my what memories of those days for me. I do understand my friend.
So glad you decide to move forward with connect, it is a blessed haven of love. care, and grace. Feel free to post one of those questions you haven’t got to share yet.
Mike

5 Likes

Thanks Mike! I am feeling blessed to be here already!

2 Likes

Hello fellow Alabamian! Pittsview must be near the Georgia line?? I’m just north of Birmingham, glad to know there are other RZIMers in the state :slight_smile: Welcome friend and may your pursuit of answers be blessed!

4 Likes

Thank you Faith and yes, we are very close to the Georgia line. Pretty close to centered between Eufaula and Phenix City but if you blink you’ll miss it.

2 Likes

Welcome Joe, glad you are here with us.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @mjoemorris. It is good to have you with us. Congratulations on completing the core module. I am glad that you enjoyed it thoroughly and made really good connections with your classmates. I do believe you will be able to continue that here. There will be members who you get to know well. Engaging especially with your background and the core module tenets will be a blessing to those you touch here. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Thank you Keldon. I have really enjoyed it so far. I’ve been primarily reading and getting familiar with Connect and it’s layout and in this case even reading the Terms of Service was a pleasure. Beyond that the people have been wonderful!

2 Likes

Thank you Abraham, I am thankful to be here!

1 Like

Hi @mjoemorris, welcome to connect :slightly_smiling_face: I loved your introduction :heart:
I trust you will be a blessing as you engage here :pray:t3: What would you say was your most profound lesson in the core module?

So true :heart:
Take care :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you Sig, I am blessed to be here as there is so much knowledge and sharing but beyond that is the love shown by the members.

There was so much shared in the Core Module that I am really looking forward to going back and watching the lectures again as it was all wonderful. That said, I would say my most profound lesson was on listening. I ended up doing two interviews with non-Christians one of which was my brother. During this interview he opened up and talked to me in a way he never has before and all I did was ask a question then sit and listen without judging or interrupting. Truly listening to someone is a powerful thing and I am praying that it will open up future conversations where he might listen to me in the same way.

Take care and God Bless!

3 Likes

I loved the interview as well! I had the same experience with a non Christian employee. It forged a deeper relationship that I am very thankful for. Thanks for sharing :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Always happy to share! The interviews taught me so much. Going back over the course after I had completed it I found that listening was a reoccurring theme throughout even when it wasn’t prominent. What would you say your most profound lesson in the course was?

2 Likes

Welcome dear Joe, this is a great group, but time flies and you end up getting lots of reminders that you’re missing things! It’s a sign that they care a lot at RZIM!
Keep praying for your kids’ relationships with each other and with God, and you will be rewarded with a great team in the future! Our 5 are now in their 30’s snd 40’s and love each other deeply, which is worth all the gentle sorting out of arguments as they grew up! One is unsaved, James, but he will be in God’s time. Welcome again to this dear group! Praying for your kids too! They sound fun!
AngelaWG

3 Likes