John from Barcelona

Hi everyone,

My name is John. I’m originally from Atlanta, GA but am currently living and working in Barcelona, Spain.

I’m here at Connect after reading two of Ravi’s books in the last few weeks (I’m into my third book now.)

I’m here to be an active member of this community and help however I can.

Thank you all!

9 Likes

welcome bro :+1:

3 Likes

Hello @Johnny_Rob and welcome to RZIM connect.
Laying hands on any Dr Ravi’s books or resource is like a precious jewel, you just can’t wait to read another
You will also find out that this richness is also true to RZIM Connect. Be free to join the conversations and bless us with your contributions.
And By the way, I love Barcelona, Spain even though am not a big soccer fan. Haha hope You understand?
Grace and peace be yours.
From Nigeria

4 Likes

Welcome John…!
I as well, fell in love with this community after reading several of Ravi’s books.
I must also admit that I am a Ravi podcast addict. You will love those as well.
It is great to have you on board…!!!

4 Likes

Great to have you John. I as well have been hugely blessed by reading Ravi Zacharias and watching him powerfully present and articulate the gospel on you tube. He as well as many on his team have been an invaluable part of my own walk, and I expect and trust that you will be likewise be deeply blessed by his work and everyone who contributed here at connect. Already at just under a month of involvement here I’ve learned from both the unique and challenging questions people ask, as well as the deep and thoughtful responses people make. It’s a neat place and one that I can sense God mightily working through

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Johnny_Rob. Glad you have joined connect. So happy that you found the books so engaging. Which did you read? One of my favorite is the Grand Weaver. I hope you are encouraged by the discussions and are moved to participate. God-bless you and your journey.

4 Likes

Hey @Keldon_Scott!

The first was Can Man Live Without God? followed by Walking From East to West: God in the Shadows. Now I’m reading Has Christianity Failed You?. All books have been wonderful in different ways. I plan on reading many more in the coming weeks. I’ll definitely check out the Grand Weaver!

It’s funny - About 2 weeks ago I saw Ravi on the Rubin Report and thought, “hey, I remember seeing that guy years ago in Atlanta when he came to my church.” And it was true, I must’ve heard him speak at Northside UMC around 1990 or so… His Rubin Report podcast really affected me, so I made sure to devour all I could of his writings and talks. That brought me here!

5 Likes

Hey @WorshipGod! Thanks for the welcome! I’m not a big soccer fan either ;-))).

I am looking forward to reading more of Ravi’s books and getting more involved here on RZIM Connect.

Take care!

2 Likes

That is awesome. I read the 1st two you did, but not Has Christianity Failed You. Funny how things happen. Enjoy this site! Reads like you already are. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Johnny_Rob, welcome! What a beautiful place to work! I 'm curious, what are the three books? I do hope to read more from you as you engage here. Enjoy browsing and feel free to join in the conversations :pray:

1 Like

Hi John. Welcome to connect. Good to have you here. Looking forward to learn more about you.

1 Like

Hey @sig!

The first was Can Man Live Without God? followed by Walking From East to West: God in the Shadows. Now I’m reading Has Christianity Failed You?.

Thanks for the welcome and I’m looking forward to participating here more and more.

All the best!

2 Likes

Yes, it’s true. Has Christianity Failed You?. was a personal choice for me because I’d been very active as a Christian between the ages of 12-22. At 22, I was confronted with different world views and became convinced that I was missing out on life by sticking to the faith upon which I had relied for most of my life until then. So, for almost 30 years I stuck it out, trying to reinvent the wheel, as it were, thinking I could do better. I was wrong, of course, and like the Prodigal Son, have come back home.

5 Likes

So true @Jkalish! I got turned onto Ravi after watching him on the Rubin Report recently. Since then, I’ve been looking for him on as many podcasts as possible.

2 Likes

Fantastic books! I especially loved Walking From East to West. Thank you for the reply :pray:

2 Likes

So glad to have you back! Thanks for your testimony and your heart. Have you posted your testimony. You and I have similar paths a tad. Mine is here: Testimony - Kel -- A divorce lawyer in marriage ministry?.
Would love to read yours if you are able. God bless your path.

3 Likes

Hi John @Johnny_Rob. Atlanta is good. I have a brother there…although I wouldn’t want to live there. I’m from D.C. and think Atlanta’s traffic is worse, if that is possible.
Anyway, welcome to Connect. Will look forward to your posts.

3 Likes

Hey @eriik! Thanks for the welcome!

3 Likes

Hey @ChrisforChrist1,

Thanks for the message. I too, have been watching Ravi’s videos on YouTube and checking out the many podcasts as well. There’s a wealth of material! I am looking forward to participating more and more on Connect.

All the best!

3 Likes

Hey @sgewehr! Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, Atlanta’s not for everybody but it holds a special place in my heart :smile:

I’ve spent way too little time in DC and would like to get back there one of these days.

2 Likes