John Graham

(John Graham) #1

Good afternoon from Yellowstone National Park! I’m a Quaker minister originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I’ve been impressed with some of Mr. Zacharias’ videos and appreciate his rationale for apologetics. I hope to contribute by learning more about the Holy Spirit’s role in guiding one toward the fullest possible renewal of mind in Christ. My most central concern is this: are Christians today making the same mistake with the Holy Spirit that the Jews made with Christ…in that they don’t know Who He is? Why is constant prayer such an evasive topic?

9 Likes
(Sara Isaac) #2

Hello John! It’s so great that you joined. I am sure it will be a blessing. Could you elaborate more on how you think that christians do not recognize the holy spirit nowadays?
Blessings…

4 Likes
(Sally Alexander) #3

Hello @John_Graham So glad you are here!

I do not know much about Quaker thought. Your reference to constant prayer reminds me of Madame Jeanne Guyon. Are you familiar with her books? Are you referring to the same/similar thing? Is there a site, article or book that might describe what you are referring to?

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

3 Likes
(Tara Pauls) #5

Hi John! Welcome! I am intrigued as to your question about the Holy Spirit’s role in directing us “toward the fullest possible renewal of mind in Christ”.

I would also love to hear more about your background as a Quaker minister. God bless you brother. I look forward to learning with you.

3 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #6

Welcome @John_Graham, So looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the role of the Holy Spirit in our walk with the Lord. Just today I was reading in Rom 8 - " For as many are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God". Perhaps you will have something to add to the the thread on “Lack of revival” from the angle of the Holy Spirit. Looking forward to learning from your contributions.

1 Like
(Brian Lalor) #7

Welcome to Connnect John. I hope you find this community full of the knowledge and love of Christ.

1 Like