Support RZIM Connect

John Tyner III

Good afternoon,

I am from Winston Salem, NC. I’m a student at Harvard and I have questions on how to share my faith in school without risking my grade. I heard from a friend that RZIM tackles questions from students, and I have listened to some of the talks by the speakers in the RZIM community and they are a wonderful resource. Admittedly, I stumbled upon RZIM Connect as I was looking around the website. I am not sure how I would participate at this point as I am a fairly young Christian, but I will do my best to add value wherever possible.

Sincerely,
John

7 Likes

Hello and welcome John. I just joined too. Here is a verse that popped up to help me participate, “ Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.” - Eph 4:15-16

4 Likes

Welcome to the connect @johntyner! That’s great that you came across this! I hope you’re able to explore more on the different topics provided here that might aid you as you desire to share Christ with your fellow students at Harvard and wherever else the Lord May lead you! Feel free to join in wherever you can with sharing and asking any questions that you might have as well.

What are you majoring in?

There is a book I just ordered by Greg Koukle. The title is Tactics: a gameplan for discussing your Christian convictions. Maybe that would be of help to you?
Abdu Murray shares some about it here in his interview with Greg: Defense Rests- Interview with Greg Koukl part 1

There’s so much to the Christian life and an unending exploration to knowing God better! May this also be a place where you can be strengthened more in your faith and be able to share of the hope within you because of our risen Savior! Welcome to the family of Christ as well, it’s so awesome to see God still at work! Never let the fresh love for Christ dwindle!

Looking forward to learning and growing more as we desire to know God better and making Him known!

3 Likes

Welcome, John! I’ve heard there’s good shopping in Winston-Salem :slight_smile: . Congratulations on furthering your education. Harvard is a beautiful school: so stately. What are you studying?

I wish you the best as you pursue Christ.

2 Likes

Welcome John.
I have only been apart of Connect for a few days now. People on this platform are very welcoming and willing to listen.

RZIM has been such a Godly resource and blessing for myself over the past 20 plus years.
I would recommend searching for Ravi Zacharias Q&A Sessions at universities on the RZIM.org website. Ravi has such a gentle approach when answering a skeptic, while never steering away from the truth of the scripture. Abdu Murray as well as Vince Vitale are very seasoned speakers and ones I would recommend reading, listening to, or watching whenever possible!

Thanks for joining RZIM Connect. Hope this is becomes a great resource for you on your walk with Christ. I will be praying for you as you are in a very difficult environment to share you faith in Christ. I pray for your strength and willingness to share Christ wherever you may be.

2 Likes

Welcome to RZIM @johntyner! I am glad to hear that you are seeking to share your faith at such a influential place! May the LORD grant you wisdom on this journey and I am so thankful that the LORD will show us the way, one step at a time, as we seek answers in the One Who is Truth and Light.

2 Likes

Hi John!
Welcome, brother!
I’m from Peru, and very willing to hear from you and helping in any matter you want to share, from Science, Faith, Philosophy and whatever really.
Blessings and peace,
Aldo

2 Likes

Hi Leah,

Yes! Though I do not frequently go out to shop, there are several good spots around town.
Thank you! I am studying economics.

Sincerely,
John

1 Like

Hi @CharityLinzey,

I am majoring in economics.
Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations! I read and listen to podcasts often, so these will be perfect for me.

Sincerely,
John

1 Like

That’s awesome! Blessings to you on your journey! :blush:

1 Like

Hi koddig33,

Thank you so much for your prayers! You are right in saying this environment is challenging, especially as a relatively new Christian. I am not seasoned in biblical knowledge as others may be. It is the most diverse community with all kinds of religious beliefs, and then, those who don’t believe anything spiritual. I will definitely look into the question and answer sessions!

Sincerely,
John

2 Likes

Thank you @ChristinaLinzey!

1 Like

Hi @ventura.aldo,

Thank you! I see that you have taken some classes at the academy. Would you recommend an online course?

Sincerely,
John

Hi John!
Yes, I have taken the optative “What does it mean to be human?”, which has been a blessing.
Apart from that, I have some research done in different resources which would be useful, depending of the topic, so, if you would like, I can share as well.
Blessings, Aldo

2 Likes