Jonathan Oesch

Say hello…
Hello

Where are you from?
I’m originally from Upstate New York (around Albany), but I currently live in Lawrenceville, GA

What led you to join Connect?
I was curious about job opportunities (namely in software development) … not necessarily for now, but for the future

How do you hope to contribute?
In any way I can.

3 Likes

Welcome Jonathan!
I’m sure you will find this forum extremely interesting and informative to say the least!
I look forward to reading your posts – so jump right in – you will find something that sparks your interest for sure!

5 Likes

Hello Jonathan, welcome to Connect. I’m glad you have joined. How did you hear about Connect? As @kbtheassnt already mentioned, there are many interesting topics around God, faith and the Bible. Have you already found a few topics that interest you? Connect actually offers job opportunities: Employment opportunities. There you will also find contact addresses for further information.

4 Likes

Welcome to Connect, Jonathan. It’s great to hear of your passion to serve the Lord through your work. Technology is something I’m always catching up on, haha. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey Jonathan! @JonathanOesch
Wow- upstate NY to GA- that’s quite a climate change :slight_smile:
I’m glad you joined Connect- and hope you enjoy looking around!

2 Likes

Hey Dan! Thanks for the welcome. For almost 9-10 months now, I have had a long commute to work (1 hour to 1 1/2 hours depending on school traffic). I have found radio to be boring so I have been listening to podcasts on my way to work. I recently started with Spotify and I searched to see if there were any programs I used to watch on tv a long time ago where in here (namely inTouch, TurningPoint, and RZIM) … fun fact: RZIM seems to be the only one in Spotify (of the three listed). Back story: I grew up watching Ravi Zacharias on Sundays (he was always on either before or after Charles Stanley (inTouch).

So I have been burning through Let My People Think and Just Thinking; I have started going through Just Asking. While listening, it struck me that RZIM is based out of Atlanta; I’m from Atlanta. That got me curious to see where in Atlanta; it turns out RZIM is located just 2-3 miles from where I work. Then I got curious if the RZIM academy is housed elsewhere or if it was in the same location (I know it is an online curriculum, but I Vince and Jo live in Atlanta so it makes sense that it too would be in Atlanta). During my search I saw the events tab; in curiousity I went to look to see if there was anything happening locally.

To my surprise, there is an event tomorrow (at first it was sold out, but some cancellations happened and I am able to go). All while going though the website, I could help but look at the website at a technical level and I wondered if there was any demand/need of a software developer (how cool would it be to work for an organization that I grew up with?). And to be honest, I am glad I don’t see anything right now (I have at least one more year at my current job before I can switch without some penalty). But all that searching had led me to here in Connect … a series of curious wonderings.

I’ll be honest one more time (for this response). I was a little apprehensive about signing up for two reasons: 1) I am really bad about connecting with online things. I really bad at facebook, twitter … I have them, I just rarely look/connect with them. 2) Even if I have something to say, my brain works so much faster than my hands. I either end up having thoughts that are disjointed or incomplete (depending whether the hand is compensating or the head). This also leads to my first problem.

But ultimately, I am feeling a push to be here (I don’t know why … just do). That is why I am here now.

1 Like

Hey Brittany. I too am always catching up on technology :wink:. I am learning that it is one of those lifetime learning/catching-up type of thing.

1 Like