Jonathan Strong

Say hello… Hi community

Where are you from?
I’m from Oakville, Ontario, just outside Toronto.

What led you to join Connect?
I listen to every podcast that RZIM puts out and others that include RZIM speakers. Apologetics is a keen interest of mine.

How do you hope to contribute?
I contribute financially but I’d love to start an apologetics course at my church for young people about to enter university/college.I just have no idea how to get that going but I think RZIM might have materials or similarly interested people.

4 Likes

Hello @Jonathan_Strong, welcome to connect. It’s nice to meet you. Thank you for your heart to reach young people. If you have not taken the Core Module through RZIM, you will really benefit from that. Also there is a category here named “Premium Content” where you can purchase very helpful material at minimal cost. I trust you will find what you need here :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Jonathan,

Great to have you, brother!

There are myriad resources to jumpstart that apologetics course at your church. I think some of the DVD or streamed content can make a lot of sense. We did a “true for you but not for me?” DVD series that Ravi put out several years ago that was well received (and came with a teacher’s guide). Lots of stuff like that available. Also, I cannot speak highly enough of the REFRESH: Ready for College weeklong training that is held each year in Atlanta over the summer. It is amazing and a great retreat trip for a group. Don’t know if others are offered closer to you or just the one in Atlanta, but it is well worth the effort and expense to attend.

Hope you have success shaping minds for the idea war they’ll be in at college.

Kevin

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Jonathan_Strong. So good to have you with us. So awesome that you would want start an apologetics class. You might be interested in a category on this topic. How to lead an apologetics class at your local church.

Best to you. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like