Jorgeluis

Hello everyone. Blessings. I am a believer. I was infected with covid19 along with my wife except my son. The Lord helped me and we were healed. I have a nervous breakdown. I even lose my sanity. Sometimes a deep fear of death appears. My question is: How do I have full security of salvation. My question is sincere and I hope you can help me.

4 Likes

Hello Jorge, it’s good to meet another brother in the Lord. May you find connect to be the helpful. Loving, and caring forum that we all need? Please share in the Q&A here so we can grow in our faith together. :pray: Just praising, and thanking God for His goodness and healing as you said. Look to further conversations together.

I truly appreciate and take to heart your very serious question. May I just share that assurance in Christ comes through faith, as this passage shares.

Ephesians 2:1‭-‬9 NKJV
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Praying for His strength in our weaknesses.
Blessings my friend as you engage here.
Mike

4 Likes

Thanks you brother. God bless you

3 Likes

You are welcome my friend, been praying, pondering, and wondering what more I could share to help at this difficult time. I am encouraged that you reached out in an open and honest way about your struggle. If I may would you share a little more about your journey
Mike

3 Likes

Hi @Jorgeluis, I am thankful to hear you and wife have recovered :pray: Bless your heart, I don’t think there is a Christian among us who has not doubted at some point in their journey. I agree with @mgaplus4 and appreciate the tender way in which he approached your question. I did read an article in TGC and linked it below. I will share a few paragraphs that really spoke to your sincere question.

“I believe; help my unbelief,” said the father of the demon possessed child ([Mark 9:24] Few men have uttered more honest words, and few honest words have benefited more men. Here is the cry of a man with faith, who also recognizes his faith remains weak, stumbling, and frail. Faith is present, but remains mixed with doubt. Yet, Christ clearly recognizes this father’s faith. An ounce of saving faith is a faith that saves. Our Lord boldly proclaimed, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die” ([John 11:25-26]

Where Our Assurance Lies

"Dear Christian, it is not the degree, quality, nor abundance of our faith that saves. Rather, it is the object of our faith that saves. Faith does not look to itself. It looks to another. And in Christ, the object of our faith, salvation lies (John 14:5). Therefore, it is also in Christ that our assurance lies. This father understood the necessary thing. As Calvin stated, “He who, struggling with his own weakness, presses toward faith in his moments of anxiety is already in large part victorious”

Pastoral Issue

"Before we turn our attention to these means of grace, I want to note a pastoral issue that often emerges in this realm. Over the course of my pastoral ministry, I have found many struggle with assurance because they direct their eyes within rather than without. Make no mistake, introspection serves its purpose in the Christian life. We are to examine ourselves to see whether we are in the faith ([2 Corinthians 13:5]. This is necessary and good. Yet, I find many Christians suffer from overzealous introspection. Like a Medieval inquisitor, we lay our souls upon the rack and inflict torture with constant accusatory questions: Do I bear enough of the fruit of the Spirit? Is my faith solid enough? Have I confessed and repented sufficiently? Have I tricked myself into thinking I am a believer? And all the while, we forget to look to our Savior in faith. The Great Shepherd’s promise, “Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest” ([Matt. 11:28], seems too foreign to too many of His sheep."

"Dear struggling Christian, if our gaze is always within, assurance will remain fleeting. No doubt, we need to examine our lives and test the fruit, but true assurance, lasting assurance, secure assurance comes from looking to Christ and our union with him. We want to see evidence of Christ’s grace in our lives, but we realize these evidences not by seeking after them, but by gaining a greater grasp on Christ. How do we gain this greater grasp of the King of Glory? How do we look to him more? God has granted his means of grace to the struggling Christian for this very purpose."

I truly hope this will be helpful. I along with Mike will be lifting you up in prayer :pray:

4 Likes

Hi @Jorgeluis,

Thank you for joining the community and sharing with us this update. I am rejoicing that you and your wife have recovered from COVID-19 and that your son was spared.

I appreciate your sincere question and will attempt to meet it with a sincere answer.

I don’t believe that any other human can offer you the encouragement that you need. We are all mortal like you and in the same situation.

What we can do is point you to Jesus. We can be like little flashlights pointing in the direction of the sun, saying, there is the light and the heat that you need to grow strong.

I think one of the great encouragements I have found is that the Psalms are a record of people’s prayers being heard by God - and established and authorized by him as a prayer book for our own circumstances.

I would encourage you to read through and continue to meditate on - even to memorize - Psalm 23 in this time. I think verse four in particular is a great encouragement:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

Please let us know how we can be praying for you in this stressful time.

1 Like

Thanks you all. I appreciate it.

1 Like