Karen Henry

Say hello…Hi, I’m Karen and I want to say hello to all spiritual minded believers in Christ.

Where are you from?
I’m living in the state of Nevada now with my daughter and her family.
What led you to join Connect?
I’m elderly and disabled and I spend most of my time at home with my family. I gave up organized religion years ago and after listening to a few people on TV and the radio I gave that up as well because there was no truth, love or compassion in their messages. I’m so sorry that I discovered dear Ravi only a few weeks before his death and I’m grateful that his sermons are still here for everyone to listen to.
How do you hope to contribute? I hope to strengthen my faith in Jesus Christ so that I may become a brighter beacon of light.Christ has seen me through some very difficult times in the last couple of years. I will share how He walked with me each step of the way and held my hand. I could feel His awesome presence as peace and calmness washed over me.

5 Likes

Hi Karen, welcome to connect. I enjoyed your intro, and share your thoughts on this quote

Those facets so important to all are rare but I have found them here. The Church needs an awakening to the real truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. May you enjoy beautiful fellowship as you engage with your brother and sisters on this forum. Share as you can any Q&A to help and learn.
Mike

3 Likes

Hi Karen, The way that you give glory to Christ in your introduction is a wonderful encouragement to other sisters and brothers! I’ve been listening to Ravi for years, but only recently have learned about Connect. I, too, hope to deepen my walk with Christ through interaction here, and pray that you will be able to do so as well. I hope to read more of how He has guided you.
in His mighty hand,
Patricia

3 Likes

Welcome to connect @1948. I hope connect is a great place for you to gather with fellow believers. I trust you have found the discussions helpful and edifying. We’re glad you are here. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Hi, Karen! I am so sorry that you did not experience love and compassion or truth from a local body of believers. I am so thankful for my church and have missed them terribly during this coronavirus situation. I am thankful that you found Ravi and this group. I, too, am so very thankful that we can still benefit from his wisdom even though he is already with the Lord. What a treasure he has left us. I look forward to hearing more of your story. Blessings.

3 Likes

Welcome to Connect, Karen! :smiley: So happy to meet you. :hibiscus: I love your profile picture! :dog: I am praying for you! :pray:

1 Like