Support RZIM Connect

Karys Batt

Say hello…Heyyyyyyy

Where are you from? I’m from the UK. East Midlands area!

What led you to join Connect? I wanted to join in the discussions from Refresh2020

How do you hope to participate? I want to learn from others stories and share my own to hopefully be helpful for others

3 Likes

Hello @Karys_Battenfield I, along with many others, welcome you to the Connect community. We are glad you are here. How is the REFRESH 2020 conference going? Are you enjoying the speakers and the topics that are being discussed? Is this your first time to attend?

We encourage you to become involved in this forum as your time and school schedule allows. Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can serve you in any way. Thank you for your post and may the Lord bless you on your journey. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mary Beth

3 Likes

Hi Mary Beth!

Thank you for saying hello! It is my first time at REFRESH! and no lie I am LOVING IT!!! It’s also awesome that it’s online since it means I can actually go without an expensive plane flight! The speakers are answering a lot of the questions I have/get asked as an 18 yr old and they’re also answering them in a really helpful and biblical way. As someone who has only been a Christian for around 2 years, having a response to these questions directed at someone who is my age, with my level of understanding, it’s really helpful! It’s also an amazing spiritual encouragement during this lockdown to be able to spend so much time discussing and listening to talks about God’s word that are going to be so helpful for when I go to university!

As far as my school schedule, in the UK all my A-levels (basically sorta slightly related to the SAT’s sorta level) have been cancelled due to the virus, and so I have been off school since March 20th and have had zero work to do. So my schedule is completely free!! It’s amazing to be able to spend this time with God but also at the same time I’m starting to resent being stuck at home!

I was very pleased to hear today though that my drivers test has been booked for next Friday! I have been waiting since march for this as it was initially meant to be the 27th but got cancelled due to lockdown. And so, I would love if you would be able to pray for me in that and that God would help me to drive safely and hopefully get my full licence!!

God bless,
Karys

2 Likes

Hello Karys! Welcome to RZIM Connect. I hope you enjoy your time here.

2 Likes

Hey Karys! I am so excited that you are loving REFRESH and that you have the opportunity to attend, albeit online. I have heard so many wonderful things about it.

I understand about the lockdown. It is hard over the long haul. I am running out of things to do. I have spent a lot of time outside in the yard doing some landscaping and playing tennis or walking (socially distanced, of course) with my neighbors.

You got it! I will be praying for you. I would love to hear how your driving test goes as well as how your week was at the REFRESH conference. Looking forward to talking with you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mary Beth

3 Likes

Thank you @MaryBeth1 ! I will let you know next friday! and thank you @Nathan01 for the welcome!

God bless
Karys

2 Likes

Hey @Karys_Battenfield Your test is coming up day after tomorrow. Right? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes it is @MaryBeth1. Friday 31st! Thank you for remembering! I’m extremely nervous and I’d appreciate your prayers! I’ll let you know how it goes!!

Karys

Hi @Karys_Battenfield I have prayed and will continue. I will be waiting to hear from you. :slightly_smiling_face:

The Lord is with you Karys!

2 Likes

Thank you @MaryBeth1 ! I PASSED!!!

Karys

2 Likes

Yay @Karys_Battenfield !!! I am so excited and happy for you!!! Congratulations! Thanks for letting me know. :red_car: :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

3 Likes

Hey @Karys_Battenfield, welcome to Connect! I’m so pleased to read you’ve enjoyed Refresh! Congratulations also on passing your driving test! I see you’re from the Midlands. I live in Devon with my husband and 3 kids but I was born in the Midlands, near Tamworth :grinning:. Do keep in touch with us at Connect - I really wish I had had this as a resource when I was 18 (and every year of my life). Feel free to ask any questions that you have any time. Do you have any plans for life post A Levels?

2 Likes

@Karys_Battenfield welcome to connect! Looking forward to sharing stories with you!

1 Like

Hello Karys.
What a lovely name. Welcome to Connect!

1 Like

Hi @artownsend Thank you! I have waited so long to pass my test. I do know of tamworth! It is a great resource yes and brilliant to ask questions freely. Post A-levels I’m just going to university to do a chemistry degree

1 Like

Thank you @JoeH !

1 Like

Thank you @kmoesker !