Where are you from?
I’m from Texas
What led you to join Connect?
I have a friend that’s atheist
How do you hope to contribute?
In anyways possible. I’m still learning a bunch of stuff about the Bible

8 Likes
(Burnell Wenger) #2

Welcome to Connect, Kevin! May God bless you with wisdom and compassion as you witness to your friend.

4 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #3

Welcome to Connect, Kevin! Praise the Lord for your heart for your friend. You should find Connect a welcoming environment to learn together and ask tough questions so we can all know the Lord more deeply. :smiley:

2 Likes
(Mitchell A Strickling) #4

Greetings from a fellow Texan. -Mitch

2 Likes
(Scott Dockins) #5

@kevin,

As a former atheist myself who has personally reaped the benefits of a Christian man taking the time to educate himself, and honestly befriend me, I applaud your willingness to do the same. We need more people like you in the world my friend.

Welcome sir, and may our wonderful God (YHWH) bless you in your witness and friendship.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me. I do not know everything, and if I don’t know the answer, or, where to find it I will let you know.

Forgive me for this is unsolicited advice; I hope I am not overstepping any boundaries. But if I have any insight to offer from my own personal experience it would be to remember that the greatest doorway to getting through to your friend is simply being his friend; don’t let disagreements collude the fact of his humanity, causing you to see him as his worldview (atheism), and not his God “likeness.”

I am not being presumptuous, assuming you have done that, or, will do that. I have personally been guilty of it myself though. In times of disagreements, or, failed attempts to get through to them (friends) about the beautiful truth of the Gospel, and began to identify them with their particular worldview because of my emotional investment which erected further barriers to speaking about big questions in life.

If you ever find yourself in such a place, just breath, pray, and remember that “behind ever question is a questioner.”-Ravi Zacharias.

God Bless brother.

2 Likes
(Lou Hablas) #6

Welcome to Connect, Mitch! So wonderful that you’re here and love your heart for your friend. Blessings to you on YOUR journey, and same as you walk alongside your friend. Praying that he finds the beauty and truth of the Gospel as compelling as you and praying wisdom/discernment for you.

1 Like