Killing babies in the name of wisdom

I recently come across this article:

https://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-bcpill.html

I’m hoping to find more resources.

What if we Christians are killing many babies in the name of wisdom thinking that we are wisely making a choice to take birth contro pills so that we can control a birth of a child until “the time is right”. In doing so, we are killing our babies all the way up until that point when we decide it is the time.

This article below might be of interest and start to answer your concerns.

My conscience would be clear (and is clear as a married man) with birth control that prevents ovulation in a lady, or fertilization of an egg from a mans perspective; as opposed to anything medical that results termination of a fertilized egg. I believe human life begins the moment the fertilized egg begins cell division.

Hope that helps ?

2 Likes

Very helpful! It answered all my questions and affirmed all my convictions.

And just to be sure, the article was saying that the pill does and can kill a baby in the womb, correct?

This is something it said in the article you sent me:

Like standard birth control pills, morning-after pills contain estrogen and progestin (or progestin only) but in much higher doses. The mechanism of action is similar to that of ordinary birth control pills, but because of the high dosage and the delay involved in taking these pills (up to three days after sexual union), the risk of an abortion after conception is much greater.

The last sentence says " the risk of an abortion after conception is much greater". This would mean that there is still a risk of aborting the baby with the regular birth control pill. Wouldn’t that be a wise conclusion?

1 Like

Not exactly, we need to be more specific when we say ‘the pill’ as there are three; the ‘traditional’ one, the ‘morning-after’ and the ‘abortion’ pill.

in the article you shared, this statement is partly true but also potentially misleading because of it’s vague nature and the way it confuses pills 1 and 2:

The “Morning After” Pill is nothing more than the regular birth control pill taken in massive dosage to insure that the embryo will not implant.

1. ‘the pill’ traditionally refers to a daily tablet containing “low dosages of the hormones estrogen and progestin (a synthetic form of the female hormone progesterone), although some contain only progestin” thus:

The increased estrogen prevents the ovaries from releasing eggs (ovulation) while the progestin thickens the mucus in the cervix and oviducts (fallopian tubes), thus preventing sperm from reaching the egg in the oviduct where fertilization normally occurs.
(from the answersingenesis article)

To state it plainly, this provides a synthetic progesterone and the females body does not ovulate because it thinks it’s already pregnant.

1. the controversy is the new ‘Morning-After’ pill; which contains the same contents.

the answersingenesis article:

The morning-after pill is an emergency contraceptive that is claimed to be able to prevent conception even after sexual union has occurred (thus the name “morning-after”). Like standard birth control pills, morning-after pills contain estrogen and progestin (or progestin only) but in much higher doses. The mechanism of action is similar to that of ordinary birth control pills, but because of the high dosage and the delay involved in taking these pills (up to three days after sexual union), the risk of an abortion after conception is much greater.

Let’s refer to another article (https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-morning-after-pill-vs-the-abortion-pill-906574)

Why There Is Confusion

Much of this confusion stems from beliefs about how the morning-after pill works. Plan B One-Step (as well as the other morning-after pill brands) lowers your chances of becoming pregnant by preventing or delaying ovulation and/or by interfering with sperm movement (causing it less likely that sperm will fertilize an egg).

The real misunderstanding has to do with whether or not the morning-after pill prevents a fertilized egg from implantation. Although research shows that Plan B One-Step does not interfere with implantation, the FDA labeling on the morning-after pill says that it “may inhibit implantation.”

the last statement is where a Christian might become concerned. If an egg is fertilised and is blocked from safely implanting on the wall of the uterus : this is where your conscience might be concerned. The morning-after pill ‘first stage’ of preventing fertilization has failed; Life has begun, and it may be prevented from safely following it’s course.

1. then lastly, there is the ‘abortion pill’ (brand name Mifeprex). Mifeprex (also known as RU-486) which clearly is an abortion of an established pregnancy.

couples need to talk together and both of their consciences need to be clear to the best of their understanding.
just my thoughts…hopefully a little helpful… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see whar you are saying. My question is this… Is there any chance pill one can kill a baby?

And if there is possibly a chance that pill one could be killing babies until the couple decides they are ready, how could they have a clear conscience?

As far as I can tell; no. You may come to a different conclusion.

But as I said each couple need to decide together themselves - in consultation with a doctor (any doctor, regardless of their worldview, will give you good advice if you explain your personal convictions regarding when you believe life begins).

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like