Kobie van Jaarsveld

member_introductions

(Kobie) #1

Hi everyone, I completed my RZIM core module a few years ago but just kept going with the various modules. It’s been a complete mind shift for me which has been so good. How I approach questions and people are so much more effective.

I am a missionary in South Africa. I work at an NPO called Tshega Christian Mission in the Limpopo Province doing all sorts of things. We work with Christians mostly which is really difficult because a lot of the African Traditions and Cultures are mixed in with being a Christian and so it’s a challenge to reach them with the Truth of Following ONE King - but the hunger is there for a real encounter.

This is me in a nutshell, I hope to complete more RZIM modules and be better equipped to take Jesus wherever I go.

(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome to Connect, Kobie. :slight_smile: It is so encouraging to hear of your faithfulness and courage to follow Christ as a missionary, especially to hear of the hunger youbhave witnessed for an encounter with Christ. Connect can be a wonderful place to study with others’ whose end goal is to reach the lost. Looking forward to hearing from you on the forums

(Olivia Davis) #3

Welcome, Kobie! We’re so glad that you’ve joined us. The core module is such an eye-opener – I like how you called it a “mind-shift.” It’s encouraging to hear of your work in South Africa. I’m glad that you’re up for such an important challenge! It sounds like you have a powerful perspective and that everyone will benefit from your insights from Africa and as a missionary. Jump into in the forums…I’ll see you there!

(Lynne) #4

Kobie,
As I sit here in my nice warm house in the U.S. timidly trying to speak to friends who are nonbelievers, I am in awe of what you do! Answering God’s call to the missionary field is a high calling, in deed.

I am in the process of taking the Core Module course as I saw other courses I would like to take but must complete this initial course first. I found it deep and difficult to totally grasp. Since you have taken other courses could you tell me what you think of the other courses beyond Core Module?

Thank you for taking God’s word to “ the least of these”. I would like to know more of your work and the progress you make. God bless you.
Lynne