Kofi Amaniampong

Say hello… Kofi Amaniampong

Where are you from?
Ghana
What led you to join Connect?
I will like to get some answers to a bothering and at the same time gain knowledge to defend my faith in Christ Jesus
How do you hope to contribute? I am prepared to assist in whatsoever a job is given me voluntarily and also give answers to some questions asked, pray and also little financial support.

4 Likes

Welcome from WV USA honored to have you connect with us. Thanks for your input and support.

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Amaniampong. Thank you for coming alongside us. Your introduction is a blessing to this site. What question about your faith or the Christian world view would be most pressing for you? I trust that you will enjoy your time here. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like

Thank you Sir
Currently I have two questions

1. Why is christianity gradually declining in numbers if it is through only Jesus that we have our salvation?
  2. Are the Jews the only race or ethnicity that God spoke to through out the beginning of this world or He spoke to others as well?

Thanks for the inquiry. Your first question is a pressing one, and it feels like we are declining, especially in America. But, actually China’s Christian growth is dramatic. Also, I went to Wikipedia and wanted to edify you with the stats there:

According to a 2011 [Pew Research Center] survey, there were 2.19 billion around the world in 2010, more than three times as many as the 600 million recorded in 1910. However, this rate of growth is slower than the overall population growth over the same time period. According to a 2015 study, by 2050, the Christian population is expected to be 3.0 billion.

According to the [World Christian Encyclopedia] approximately 2.7 million convert to Christianity annually from another religion; World Christian Encyclopedia also stated that “Christianity ranks in first place in net gains through religious conversion.” While, according to “The Oxford Handbook of Religious Conversion”, approximately 15.5 million convert to Christianity annually from another religion, approximately 11.7 million leave Christianity annually, and most of them become irreligious, resulting in a net gain of 3.8 million. Christianity adds about 65.1 million people annually due to factors such as birth rate and religious conversion, while losing 27.4 million people annually due to factors such as death rate and religious apostasy. Most of the net growth in the numbers of Christians is in Africa, Latin America and Asia.

So, we are blessed by millions of Christians influencing the world through the Holy Spirit with love, charity, care, understanding, and general brotherhood/sisterhood. In the United States culture, we are seeing a decline. That is why hopefully we can come together and encourage peace through Christ to those around us. This site helps, so it is a blessing to have you here to chat and fellowship with.

As to the 2nd question, I think the God has spoken in some fashion with every person through different methods. But your question is a good one. In order for the story of redemption to be told God would have had to spoken to “someone” first. It was the Jews. But, did God spoke to others, I would say no question about it. Adam was created. God talked with him. And, Eve too. Additionally, just thinking off the top of my head – Belshazzar (Babalonian) in Daniel 5 was given writing on the wall from God. And, all the way from antiquity through the present, God has come to this world not only in person through Jesus (God) who spoke to so many non-jewish people but also to so many through visions and dreams. I hope these thoughts perhaps give minor inroads to some of the really good questions you have. God bless.

1 Like

I am very grateful for the answers
God bless you

1 Like

How can we explain or stand by the bible as the truest word of God as compared to many other books.
I believe the Bible is the truest, but how can we explain to unbelievers and give authenticity of it.

1 Like