Kyle Ellison

Hello everyone!

I’m from Central Mississippi.
I listen to RZIM podcasts frequently and heard about this community. So thankful that there is platform such as this!
There were questions that troubled me deeply. I come from an area where church is more of a tradition than anything, and anything outside of that there was no place for. So I kept my questions to myself and eventually walked away from it all. I ignored that pull inside of me to come back. If you would have asked me then I would have told you I had it all figured out and I was just fine but in truth I had never been more desperate or hollow in my life.
I hope , as someone who had walked away from the faith for many years and have now found new life in Jesus Chris, that something in my testimony can help someone who is looking for answers. I’ve looked many, many places and I could never tell you with any confidence until now that I know who I am and what I’m here for.

10 Likes

Nice to meet you Kyle!

2 Likes

Hello and a belated Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thanks for your honest testimony and struggle, so glad to meet you and am certain questions remain for all of us as we grow in our knowledge of the Lord. In the New Year may His peace fill you to overflow.
Mike

3 Likes

Hi Kyle and welcome to Connect. I hope that you had a great Christmas. So good to read of you finding your identity and life in Christ after having walked that long lost road. Our Saviour keeps going after the lost sheep. :slightly_smiling_face:
Blessings

Brian

3 Likes

Amen brotherman. I resonate with a lot of your story. Looking forward to learning from your journey :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Kyle. Glad to have you connecting with us and glad you have returned to the fold. :slight_smile: Would love to read more of your story. The hollowness without Christ does certainly work against trying to do it all our own way. Intentional I would say. Share your testimony if the Spirit directs. About the Member Testimonies category. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Hi @Kyle, welcome to connect and thank you for your heartfelt, inspiring introduction :heart: I was so encouraged by it and very thankful you found your way back home. I trust you will be a blessing here and your testimony will encourage many. I see @Keldon_Scott has given you the link should you choose to share more.
God bless and take care :pray:

3 Likes

Kyle great to have you here we are excited to hear your testimony God bless you.

2 Likes

Welcome to Connect Kyle! How wonderful for you to have found peace in the grace of our Lord. I pray many blessings on you as you learn, share, and connect with other fellow believers. :blush:

3 Likes

Welcome @Kyle! Glad you found your way here! Looking forward to reading your contributions.

2 Likes

Hello Kyle and WELCOME! I have passed in and out of periods of my life where I attended church and would read my Bible regularly. When I found myself drifting away from this practice, the only thing that would draw me back was that undeniable pull of the Holy Spirit. God never lets us drift to far away. The further we drift the harder that Spiritual pull/hunger would be. I think this is a great site to get answers to questions without feeling judged for asking.

2 Likes