La'Shay

(La'shay Williams) #1

Hello RZIM family! My name is La’Shay M. Williams and I am a free-spirited born again Christian, filled with our Lord’s precious Holy Spirit and I am looking forward to sharing and receiving the love of Jesus Christ at a greater capacity! I want to connect and build relationships with the bride of Christ all over Creation! I am an artist, teacher, student, mother, and worshipper seeking to grow as a believer! I have many questions. For starters, why are some individuals healed and some are not? There are many individuals with sickness and disease in their mind, body, and soul. I recently watched the Christ in You movie and I ache to just take a step of faith and do it, but I struggle with fear of consequences for any individual not healed. I understand that it is Christ who does the healing not me, so I do not understand why some are healed and some are not. I get stuck here. Also, as an educator in Special Education, I am often tempted to just lay hands on every child and expect them to be healed, but it is not allowed. Why do we have to abide by these rules that keep us from helping our students get the real help and healing they need? I do not like to use the word hate, but I hate oppression and bondage. I do not like the feeling of tiptoeing around the classroom and school knowing that Jesus is the answer to all the behavior problems, learning and physical disabilities, He is the answer to everything and our healing in every way not just the physical… What about healing through intercessory prayer? There doesn’t necessarily have to be direct physical contact, though I wish to lay hands, bind and destroy our adversary and release the healing and love of Christ. Where is the line of wisdom and faith in that setting and outside of the 4 walls of local fellowship centers? I often think about attending cancer walks, autism walks, etc. with the desire to heal everyone and to share the gospel of Jesus but am I really ready, should I do this alone or with a team? I just have so many questions.

I am from St. Louis, MO.

I want to connect with my brothers and sisters of Christ all over the globe. We are the bride of Christ. I am looking for a safe place to share what I believe God gives me, to ask questions and admit and overcome my fears about sharing the gospel without being condemned. I have so many questions. I desire to grow and used by our Lord according to the burden He has placed upon my heart. I am looking to connect with individuals who are on God’s agenda, who desire the will of God, the Kingdom of Heaven to manifest here on earth. More than anything, I am here to share and receive the Love and peace of Jesus Christ.

11 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #2

Welcome to Connect @LaShay! I am certain you will find this community to be a safe place to ask questions wherever you are on your journey. I am encouraged reading your brief introduction and see your eagerness to grow in the Lord. God bless your time on Connect and may you find the answers you are looking for!

3 Likes
(La'shay Williams) #3

Thank you so much Lakshmi! God bless you!

2 Likes
(Todd Andrew Wiencken) #4

Hi La’Shay! Welcome to this forum! I’m new here too, and I am encouraged by the passion and enthusiasm for Christ that you show! I’m in love with him too, and like you, I’m excited to have my questions answered as I grow in my relationship with the Lord. It’s a life long adventure that we are on, and I pray that we all have a soft heart for people that don’t know Jesus Christ. So many people have questions, concerns and doubts about God and I just want to learn more and more so I can have a response for them. God bless you on your journey!

A fellow disciple, Todd

6 Likes
(Carson Weitnauer) #5

Hi @LaShay,

Welcome! I love your heart to see people set free in the name of Jesus. I was talking with some co-workers yesterday about how Jesus saw each person and took the time to minister to them. For instance, in Matthew 9:22 we read,

Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, "Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And instantly the woman was made well.

At the same time, there is heartache that God does not always answer our requests for miracles today. I know that many in the RZIM community prayed fervently for Nabeel Qureshi to be healed of cancer, yet he is now in heaven. I think we have to learn something from the experience of those who were “all in” trusting God for healing and yet ended up with a sharp disappointment and ambiguous frustration about why God did not intervene. And yet… we see and hear stories of God doing the impossible in our lives. So we continue to believe and trust that God can heal again.

I hope to better understand this subject myself - thank you for bringing the question to the community!

2 Likes
(La'shay Williams) #6

Thank you Todd! God bless you. I have finals right now and will be more active after I am finished and get everything turned in.

2 Likes
(Catherine Keffer) #7

Hi La’Shay! Welcome. I am pretty new here too, still just beginning to interact in this community. I also live in St. Louis, MO. After reading your questions and all about your experiences you have sparked me to dig deeper myself. I love the Word of God and I do not think that this walk will always have clear answers to the hard question of ’ Why?’

The most basic answer that comes to mind when you ask why are some healed and not others; Because He is God and we are not, which probably sounds so obvious, but really we have to consider the true nature and character of God, not the misrepresentation of God that comes from our emotions.

There is a divine plan that ensures salvation for the greatest possible number of souls, for it is His will that none shall perish. His ways are higher than our ways. We live in a generation of perversion and wickedness, yet it is God that does the sorting, His judgments are always righteous and true. We do not have to figure it all out, we just have to believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ, walking in the LOVE of GOD.

2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”

If we focus on that which is eternal (the promises of God through Christ Jesus) and not the temporary circumstances like sickness and disease, we begin to truly realize and walk in the Truth of 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
“For our light affliction, which is for the moment, worketh for us more and more exceedingly an eternal weight of glory; while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.”

God shares His Glory with no one. Just as we individually have to be broken and realize our need for a Savior, our generation and our nation must come to this same realization, God knows that only through full dependence on Him do we truly experience revival. Understand that crisis and revival grow simultaneously. Consider Micah, Chapter 2.

I believe that fasting, prayer and a lifestyle of worship through obedience to God’s Word are our most powerful weapons. We are covered by our faith in the power of the blood of Jesus to take away our sin.

If you read 1 Peter 2:13-25 you can get some answers to why we must obey and submit to the laws of the land in order to glorify God. He truly is amazing and everything we are called to do, every path He leads us along is uniquely and divinely designed for each and every one of us to truly know His heart, that is, the pure love of God!!

Hopefully this is not too much, sometimes I can get a bit excited to share in the love of our Father. May your journey be blessed of God, may His Love for you be experienced in greater measure daily! So excited to be growing together in Christ!

1 Like
(Mashinkah Bahston) #8

Regarding your comment on healing. I believe the LORD puts people in our path who are in need of His Salvation, Healing, and Deliverance. I immediately ask people, if I sense the Holy Spirit wants me to pray for them. I ask then pray. Usually God gives me a word of encouragement for them. But sometimes I think I rush and can feel stupid, but I keep trusting in the LORD for what is needed. I am asking the LORD to help me to listen.

1 Like