Learning from Jesus's interaction with the woman at the well

Dr. Jo Vitale invites us to step back from our own questions and instead focus on those Jesus asked during his time on earth. Today, Jo takes us to a well in the foothills of Samaria.

If anybody gets how you might be feeling today, it is God.

In this one interaction, Jesus shows us that there is no boundary that could keep us from him… You may feel at a distance from everything and everyone, but there is no distance God isn’t willing to cross for you.

Make it personal:

• What barriers do you feel to experiencing Jesus as a source of living water?

• How can we love our neighbors in a way that crosses the barriers of racism, sexism, and social stigmatization?

4 Likes

A lovely reminder by Jo of who Jesus came to seek and save.
A barrier I face is unforgiveness, forgiving others. I struggle with divisions in the church and long for us all to embrace the unity Paul wrote of in 1 Corinthians 12, which happened to me my bible reading this morning :smiley:
We can love our neighbors who are different to us by talking to them and getting to know them :handshake:

1 Like

Like David I echo his angst, disdain, and confusion when Nathan gave him the message of an everlasting kingdom in 2 Samuel 7.

Then in Verse 18
Then King David went in and sat before the Lord and prayed, “Who am I, O Sovereign Lord , and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? And now, Sovereign Lord , in addition to everything else, you speak of giving your servant a lasting dynasty! Do you deal with everyone this way, O Sovereign Lord ?
“What more can I say to you? You know what your servant is really like, Sovereign Lord .

Also as the song portrays who am I that you my king would die for me?

He and I both know who I really am.

Philippians 2:3‭-‬4 NKJV Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

Two considerations, goals I keep in mind are the.

The Golden Rule; Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Do it unto the least of these His little ones.

While I fail at this my first consideration is to look beyond what I physically see and look at that soul hanging in the balance, and try to see that person as Jesus and what I would say to Him. It changes my whole perspective.

Be careful the picture you paint of people you may have to wash it off?

Many broken, shattered, and fragile people with a ton of burnt bridges, begging for help cant hide behind different facades any more. They want what Jesus gave, genuine, love, care, and concern for them.
Isn’t that what we all want?
Mike

3 Likes