Leigh Ann

(Leigh Ann Coudriet) #1

Hello everyone!

I’m from Seville, Ohio –

I listen to RZIM a lot and along the way I saw a link for this…I thought it good to connect to help me develop my faith…and to develop a better understanding of many topics that come up amongst my peers, my church, my family, and at my work – which is a college campus. My husband and I are host parents to international students and they have many questions that I don’t have the answers for. There are American students that need answers too. I’m hoping I can develop thoughtful ways to engage them in meaningful conversations that lead to their desire to know more about Christ. This campus is very anti-Christ. So You all have your work cut out for you! <3 :slight_smile:

Haha…I am not sure I have much to contribute. I am sorry about that. Maybe as a I read along and learn more…one day I will have something beneficial to share with all of you. Thank you for being patient with me.

5 Likes
(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi @Leigh_Coudriet,

Welcome! When you wrote this:

I thought to myself, “That’s why we started RZIM Connect!” I was personally involved in campus ministry for ten years, including serving on the board of a ministry home for international students, and I understand very well how many questions students have about the Christian faith.

By asking their questions in Connect, not only will you get encouragement, prayer, and answers to take back to them, but you will be helping many others with the same question more easily find the answers they need for their friends. I hope you’ll become a regular and that, in God’s grace, we will hear stories of many international students following Christ!

3 Likes
(Leigh Ann Coudriet) #3

Thank you Carson. I am very grateful for the rzim ministry. It has helped me tenfold and has always been responsive to my questions and prayer requests. So I am excited to be on this CONNECT FORUM.
Just to be clear… I am not officially in any ministry on campus – I apologize if I conveyed that in my welcome statement. I am an employee on staff. and then… we just decided on our own to join the FRIENDS OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS group on campus. We currently are host parents to 2 students, one from India and one from Vietnam. Again… I hope I didn’t cause you to think I am in any official ministry capacity. Though, I hope one day to serve in such a way. Currently I cook food and feed thy hungry students! :blush:

3 Likes
(Kathleen) #4

Whether you’re in official capacity or not, cooking food for hungry college students is a ministry not to be looked down upon! :grin: We’re glad you’ve joined us, Leigh Ann!

2 Likes
(Leigh Ann Coudriet) #5

Thank you Kathleen. I appreciate that. <3

2 Likes
(Kathleen) #6

I remember being a hungry college student… Home-cooked meals were life to my soul! Ha!

1 Like
(Leigh Ann Coudriet) #7

I was once a hungry college student also but I had to live on ramen noodles and saltine crackers…lol

3 Likes
(Lakshmi Mehta) #8

Welcome Leigh Ann! Nice to read your introduction. Thank God for host families! I too greatly benefited from international student ministries when I first came to the U.S. May God open doors for rich friendships to be formed in Christ!

1 Like
(Leigh Ann Coudriet) #9

Awe, thank you Laskhmi Mehta!

1 Like