Lisa Everingham

Hi, I’m from Cincinnati, Ohio. I regularly listen to RZIM podcasts and heard the ad to join Connect. I’ve also been reading Becoming a Contagious Christian by Mittelberg/Hybels and wanted to be able to ask questions here that friends ask me that I’m not sure how to answer. And if there is a topic I’ve thought deeply about or feel prepared by the Holy Spirit to answer, I’d love to encourage people here asking questions.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Lisa_Everingham. What a great reason to join up. How has the book been? Any particularly impactful guidance or challenge? I hope this platform suits you and provides a source of joy and care for you. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like

Hey Lisa! @Lisa_Everingham

So glad you’ve found us! I had to click on your picture to see if I knew you…ha. I grew up in Hamilton, OH- not too far from Cincinnati :wink:

The book you’re reading sounds really neat- I’m glad it’s been an encouragement to reach your friends.

I hope you’ll raise your questions in the forums- lots of great topics and categories to explore (top button with 3 lines). There are many well-read, Believing friends here who would love to engage in conversation with you. You’ll find Connect to be a sweet community full of wisdom, kindness, and support. We’re all in this together!

I’d also encourage you to check out the RZIM Academy online- I took the Core Module (the first course everyone takes in the Academy). It’s a pretty amazing journey to understanding how to best speak truth and love to our questioning friends. I learned a lot about really listening to their questions- and the heart behind it all. Check it out!

In the meantime- enjoy looking around here, and dive in as you feel led!

2 Likes

Thanks! One thing the book has made me think about is the importance of “being ready with an answer for those who ask”. When we are not ready or not thinking about starting spiritual discussions then we miss opportunities God may have given us or perhaps we aren’t given opportunities unless we’re ready!

I love this:

I love how 1 Peter 3:15 calls us to “set Christ apart” and “always be ready.” The consequence for not doing it is missing out! See – you are already having impact here. :-):grinning: