Lisa Strickland-Medlock

Hello! Lisa here from Fairhope Alabama.

What led you to join Connect? I am looking for insight with speaking to traditional Jews. And how to witness my faith and beliefs as a committed Christian.

How do you hope to contribute? ?

6 Likes

Nice to meet you Lisa!

1 Like

Welcome aboard @Lisa_Medlock. So glad you have joined connect. You may want to look a the thread: Jewish Evangelism for some ideas. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Hello and Welcome,
Lisa wonderful to have you here looking for answers to help others find Jesus. I am sure you can b engage with others about thier struggles about what or how to reach the lost. My answer is always
PREACH THE GOSPEL EVERYWHERE IF NECESSARY USE WORDS when they see the light they will ask you… Actions really do speak louder than words. Sure would love to hear how it goes, your story would be a blessing to all.
Take care God bless
Mike

2 Likes

Welcome @Lisa_Medlock! Please contribute by asking and answering questions! I love your heart for evangelism. Here is a link on how to create a post. We would love to hear your perspective here on Connect!

4 Likes

Hello Lisa!

Welcome to Connect!

As simple as it may sound some of the things I have found to be the most helpful is developing relationships with the ones that God has laid on my heart, praying for their salvation, asking for God’s wisdom and insight as to how to model His love for them and studying their beliefs, culture, traditions and language. It doesn’t even have to be extensive, but enough to ask questions and show that you are interested in getting to know them and trying to understand things from their point of view. Just showing love by showing interest.

Depending on the situation, any small act of service to show you care can speak volumes. Putting up their garbage can if they are your neighbor or bringing them coffee or tea if you work together in the office, I specifically used “small” because sometimes when we do something too big the person feels they owe us a debt and that can change the nature of the relationship.

Hanukkah (Chanukah) begins on December 22 through December 30. A lot of oily food is eaten during this celebration to commemorate the rededication of the second temple during the second century B.C. This holiday celebrates the victory of the Maccabees (sounds like Mack ah’ bees) over the very evil Antiochus IV Epiphanes (a name he called himself which means “God manifested”, but he was later renamed by the people “Epimanes” which means madman or crazy) and the Syrian army and the miracle of God’s provision of oil for the menorah that lasted 8 days when there was in actuality only enough oil for 1 day. Hence, the oily 8 day diet. Latkes (fried potato pancakes), loukoumades (fried puffs), and sufganiyah (jelly donut) are some of the popular foods eaten during this season and the gift of deep fat fried :slight_smile:food is always a favorite.

What have you found to be helpful? Do you have Jewish neighbors or coworkers? When you say “traditional” are you referring to Hasidic or Orthodox or something else?

Now it was the Feast of Dedication (Hanukkah, The Festival of Lights) in Jerusalem, and it was winter. And Jesus walked in the Temple, in Solomon’s porch. (John 10.22-23) How appropriate that this was celebrated by the Light of the World. The reason for all our rejoicing.

I am looking forward to getting to know you and learning from your contributions to Connect.

Grace and peace to you,
Mary Beth

3 Likes

Welcome Lisa!

There’s so many great suggestions here, and I feel that my contribution to you at this juncture is minimal, but if you’re ever up in the Atlanta area there’s a rather large Messianic Synagogue (Beth Hallel) my family and dear friends meet at to celebrate the festivals. If you’re ever in town or want to come up for Shavuot, Rosh Hashanah, or Sukkot (amongst the other celebrations) we’ll meet you and introduce you to this community of Jesus-loving Jews. Perhaps from there there could be a puzzle piece to where the Lord may be directing you?

Whether or not this is a fit, happy to meet you and appreciate your zeal for the Lord’s purpose in your life. Looking forward to our future dialogue!

Blessings -

4 Likes

Wow what an opportunity!!! I have been to Clarkston to work with the refugees … amazing! Atlanta has so much diversity.

I will see where this goes with my friend over the next few weeks. Praying and staying in Luke 10:6 … just in case he’s my person of peace.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Hi Lisa,

Happy to hear you have joined connect.

In connect, you will find some extraordinary people that share incredible insight in a variety of subjects.
One such person is SeanO

SeanO, is an outstanding frequent contributor to connect, and he recommended this book :open_book: in response to a person’s question concerning Judaism & Christianity.
I thought you might find it helpful in your quest to speaking to traditional jewish people. :tulip:

amazon.com

The Messianic Hope: Is the Hebrew Bible Really Messianic? (NAC Studies in Bible & Theology)

Michael Rydelnik, E. Ray Clendenen

4.5 out of 5 stars, $19.90

3 Likes

Ordering… thanks