Livestream: How Can I Know My Gender? An Evening with Sam Allberry - Friday, February 15th

(Carson Weitnauer) #1

How Can I Know My Gender Livestream:

During the event, please feel free to add your questions and comments as a reply to this Topic. We expect all comments to meet our Terms of Service.

Schedule

7:30 p.m. EST | Introduction
7:35 | Interview with Sam Allberry
7:45 | “How Can I Know My Gender?”
8:30 | Break
8:50 | Q&A with Sam Allberry

Event Overview

On February 15, the Zacharias Institute will host its second event in the #TrendingQuestions series, “How Can I Know My Gender?” Join us as we seek to understand the cultural moment we live in with regard to gender identity, and consider how the Bible can bring clarity and compassion to many of the questions each of us face today. Our featured speaker will be RZIM itinerant Sam Allberry, author of Is God Anti-Gay? and his forthcoming book, Seven Myths About Singleness.

You can learn more at the RZIM website.

Ask Sam Allberry (January 28 - February 1, 2019)
Thanks
Are there going to be group chats?
(Kathleen) #3

Look forward to watching this when I wake up on that Saturday!

(chandra kishore sardar) #4

Wow!! Looking forward to it.

(Linda Nikitin) #8

I will try to listen online.
Thanks SO MUCH for this opportunity.

(Mariana Aguirre) #9

Looking for thank you. Mary

(Tina Vartis) #10

Am planning to watch the video on livestream but if I am unable to will this video be available to view after the live stream has finished?

(Carson Weitnauer) #11

Yes, it will!

(Tina Vartis) #12

Great news. Thank you

(Linda Nikitin) #13

Thursday, February 14, 2019
Thanks Carson!
I want to join Sam and everyone LIVE, but just in case, I can’t, it is good to know that it will be available later.
Blessings
Linnie :blush::dove:

(Joshua Pantoja) #14

ready to listen and learn –

(LaTricia J.) #15

Just letting folks know I’m here if anyone else is watching here. Feel free to engage. :slight_smile:

(Andilina) #16

Watching also…love Sam Alberry! Glad he’s addressing this topic!!

(LaTricia J.) #17

As am I. It’s a topic that needs to be addressed, and done so boldly.

(LaTricia J.) #18

Wow! This is interesting how deep the matter of transgenderism is along with biology and sex as well as sexual/romantic attraction.

(LaTricia J.) #19

Key point - gender not being psychological only and something that is disembodied.

The binary is really what people buck against as society moves towards being androgynous. It’s almost as if in general, we want the so called best of all worlds, even if those worlds are incompatible or can’t neatly overlap.

(LaTricia J.) #20

~waiting for Carson’s part~:grinning:

(LaTricia J.) #21

It’s Dreeewwww! This is great to have an opportunities to have two of the leaders talk about these fantastic platforms!

(LaTricia J.) #22

Some of the upcoming events from Zacharias Institute:

https://www.rzim.org/training/zacharias-institute/events-zi

(Lindsay Brandt) #23

"Key point - gender not being psychological only and something that is disembodied.

The binary is really what people buck against as society moves towards being androgynous. It’s almost as if in general, we want the so called best of all worlds, even if those worlds are incompatible or can’t neatly overlap."

Yes, and I really think the secular view that gender is something disembodied would really end up falling back on itself, because if it is disembodied, it still has to come from somewhere. The fact that the secular view decries a biologically dictated gender, saying it is psychological, still leads to the question of how gender is decided. Simply saying it is psychological does not really answer that for me, because 1) coming from a human services background, the psychological is usually based in physical processes. For example, mental illnesses are not isolated from the biological processes of the brain 2) if the claim takes the turn that gender is disembodied, then where does that disembodied identity come from? It still points somewhere other than ourselves.

Does what I am saying make sense?

(LaTricia J.) #24

Yes, @psalm151ls, it does make sense. I’m sitting here thinking of some of the transgenders I know personally and in general, some of the ways that people think. There’s this philosophical pov about the mind, soul, and spirit - the understanding being that it’s all neutral, disembodied, and the physical world and body is whatever a person wants to make it out to be because the mind, soul, and spirit are better than and not necessarily tied to the physical. The physical will fade away, and in the grand scheme of things doesn’t matter. That is juxtaposed to what Sam has spoken about in regards to the Christian worldview in regards to the the integral connection between mind, soul, spirit, and body - God made it a unit, not just disembodied parts that are pulled together arbitrarily.