Logic Progression from Theism to Christianity

For context: I am a teenager who is currently being raised in a Christian, non-demoninational home church enviroment. Recently (perhaps a year ago) I began to thing about the topic of origins and beliefs.
Through a logic-, science- and physics-based “investigation”, I came to the conclusion that there absolutely must be a God or Gods of some kind. I now consider myself to be very firmly a theist.

However, I am still unsure about Christianity. Does anyone have a logical, evidence/science based reasoning that shows Christianity over any other religion? And any book recommendations on the topic?

Thank you!

9 Likes

Hi @jeanne68

Good job for studying your faith in God, and welcome aboard.

For Christianity, the best place to start is “The Case for Christianity” by Lee Strobel. Lee argued the resurrection of Christ is the best starting point, for if Jesus was never resurrected, the whole house of cards will crumble.

Next to investigate is the reliability of the Scripture, which is the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. For that, RZIM’s own itinerant speaker, Amy Orr-Ewing also wrote a great book “Why Trust the Bible? Answers to 10 Tough Questions”.

You will find that nothing comes close to the Judeo-Christian worldview.

Hope you enjoy the journey.
Blessings in Christ,
Roy

10 Likes

Thank you! I will be certain to give those a read.

4 Likes

@jeanne68 So encouraged you are seeking to dig deeper into the reasons for the Christian faith :slight_smile: One book that really helped me in high school was “Mere Christianity” by C. S. Lewis. You may also find Ravi’s book “Jesus Among Other gods” or some of Tim Keller’s resources helpful.

Keller

Tim Keller has some great books as well as a free sermon resource online with some sermons that are great for the thinker.

https://gospelinlife.com/free-sermon-resource/

Ravi

8 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

i also had doubts after i started studying the bible i realise JESUS CHRIST is the only way truth and life. also study other religion and cultures.
speak to JESUS and he will listen and he will guide with help of the holy spirit. differences is christianity is a relationship with GOD is not a religion the word christian means to follow CHRIST. other religions man want to connect with GOD.but chrisitianity is GOD want to connect with man.

3 Likes