Lorie Quickel

Hello. My name is Lorie Quickel and I am from the Madison, Wisconsin area. I started with RZIM in Feb 2019 in the Core module and loved it. I have enjoyed Ravi via YouTube for a while and was very excited to find out about RZIM. I now also love learning from all of the instructors with RZIM. I hope to eventually take all of the courses available.

I am a mother. I have three teens still at home with me and three adult girls, two married. I am also a data warehouse developer for a hospital system. I have a very busy life with many responsibilities, but nothing gives me more peace and stability than spending time with my Lord each morning.

I am taking courses with RZIM to stretch my understanding of my faith and engage with others, where I might otherwise be too timid. I really enjoy reading posts from other members and pondering their perspectives and insights. The RZIM family is so rich with diversity that there is never a shortage of new learning possibilities. This is surely the most amazing source for discovery and enrichment.

Praise the Lord for the many many gifts He gives. Thank you all for your interest in the same and your willingness to be here also. God Bless

8 Likes

Wow!! So enthusiastic @loriequickel

Taking all the available elective is also my dream.

“The RZIM family is so rich with diversity that there is never a shortage of new learning possibilities. This is surely the most amazing source for discovery and enrichment”

This is One of the unique gift of this ‘family’ as you have rightly put it. Is the overwhelming soul lifting/transforming content found here, relevant across many denominations, ethnicity, profession and culture… And puting Christ right at the center of them all.

We welcome YOU to the family with Jesus joy!. Looking forward to be bless by your contributions.
Grace be yours.
From Nigeria

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @loriequickel. It is so great having another academy alum connecting as well as another Scony joining. I am in Michigan now, but went to HS and college in WI - Kauakuna. Freshman year was at Witte dorm on UW campus, but finished in Oshkosh. I highly recommend the electives. And, love your enthusiasm.

4 Likes

Welcome, Lorie! @loriequickel
So glad you’ve joined us :relaxed:

You are a busy lady! I hear you-

I feel the same way. So life-giving to our day… :heart:

Enjoy looking around Connect, engaging as you feel led/ are able.

4 Likes

Welcome @loriequickel, what an inspiring introduction! Thank you for carving out the time to share and engage here. I was listening to an old hymn yesterday “Sweet hour of prayer.” I thought of that song when you said,

Good to have you here Lori, take care :pray:t3:

1 Like